Note to New Members ×

Experiences with KUU Wax?

Hans

we used to buy from Kuu in Ontario all the time, they made decent rental decks and bindings. The tools are pretty good too. I never used their wax other than the rub on paste wax that lasts 1 run but works good. The price on that website seems pretty expensive though?

Guest Todd Stewart

they make pretty entry level equipment, as far as there wax goes its just ok. Once again its pretty entry level, not total garbage but don't expect too much from it.

I bought a variety pack of their wax (cold, medium, and warm weather), and think it's just as good as Swix or Toko. It goes on smooth, the price is about the same or maybe cheaper.

The bars are about 2.5 times the length of the little Swix bars, so it takes longer to get to the point where you have to hold the little stub close to the hot iron just before it burns your finger.

I bought it because it was recommended by the guy at a pretty reputable shop - (Starting Gate near Stratton).

Lately I've been rubbing wax onto my board first, then dripping a line along each edge before ironing. It saves on the wax, and reduces the amount of scraping.

Another thing I've been doing is spraying a little water when I brush, almost like a spit shine for shining army boots. It seems to make the brush work better, but maybe it's just in my head.

Anyone else do that?

MT