Note to New Members ×

Old Burton Race Plates vs. Newer Burton Race Plates...

Flywalker

Hiya,

Been a long time user of these bindings and only recently learned some of the differences between them. The pair that l have only has a thin sheet of rubber under the binding, not the removable bumpers which come in a variety of hardnesses.

As there are several of these bindings for sale on here and through various auction/sale sites, l was wondering if there was really any difference in feel or use when on the snow. l have never ridden the "bumpered" newer plates so would appreciate any feedback from those who have ridden them both... and noticed any, or no benefit between the two.

Thanks!

...The pair that l have only has a thin sheet of rubber under the binding, not the removable bumpers which come in a variety of hardnesses.

As there are several of these bindings for sale on here and through various auction/sale sites, l was wondering if there was really any difference in feel or use when on the snow. l have never ridden the "bumpered" newer plates so would appreciate any feedback from those who have ridden them both... and noticed any, or no benefit between the two. Thanks!

Flywalker san,

I have to add 1 more since I've ridden all 3 types:

The Race Plate with holes in metal plate come also with rubber gasket attach facing upside down. This way the bindings is only sitting on those rubber shapes dimples (or what ever u wanna call). I think this binding is only for light & non aggressive riders since the metal plate edge can dibb and marks the deck surface. I know "ruwi" use this version and no problem.

The best is where the rubber lay flat with the dimples shape facing up. This type u also get more cushioning under yr boots.

Now the one with the gasket glued on -no shape holes on the metal plate, I use this version the most compare the others. I use it on my Tanker (never on race deck) and it perform nicely but u have to get use to the plastic "screeching" sound every time u twist the binding but again I'm 230lbs w/ gears on, so if u much lighter u might not hear anything.

I hope this help,

RT

The best one are the one with the replaceable gasket.

Usually they come in blue and red or in blue an orange.

It's important to setup the right.

There are numbers which are supposed to be the same or similar in the heel and the toe and the bindings should be closed with only one hand.

I weight 265 lbs naked and only one I've a problem with Burton Race Plate but it was my fault, I've used a too short screw.