Note to New Members ×

T3 step-ins

Nicotine

Due to a defective heel on my Stratos Pros it is no longer safe to use my Burton race plates. I feel by going T3 step-in, with Fin Tech heels the heel binding connection will be robust regardless of the defect. My question is...which firmness should I order regarding the E rings? I would normally ride my race plates extremely tight to the boot and enjoyed a comfortable amount of lateral flex. I'm making an assumption that it's the E rings that contribute to this. ? Any help greatly appreciated. Pete

Kind of like stepping up from a microwave to an oven. But...you don't cook tenderloin in a microwave. I'm very particular as are most about gear. What's to expect? My boots are really comfortable so they get the upper hand. I rode soft last year ... help me...

On a side note. Going to enjoy this sailboarding shortly. IMG_1822.jpg

I asked this same question on the TD3 Step-ins E-rings to Michelle at Bomber and she said: "Here is the information about the E-rings: The harder the density, the firmer the feel in the ride but you gain maximum edge control. The softer the density, the more flexible the ride but you lose edge control. The decision is really up to you and how you want the binding to perform."

I like the firmer feel and maximum edge control but I still backed off from the hardest red ones since the step-ins are the most ridged bindings to begin with and went with the medium blues.

<O:p</O:pYou can always order different sets and try them out.<O:p</O:p

mbweppner,

The description Michelle sent you is pretty spot on. The E-Rings perform two functions: 1) absorb vibrations coming up from the board and terrain 2) allow for some displacement/movement.

I made the red E-rings fairly hard so that they would address riders who might want to have a set-up with minimal absorption and movement. To be honest these Red E-rings are FIRM. We do have customers who want this, but they are a minority. In other words, we do not sell that many Red E-rings.

The two popular ones are the blue and yellow. Try those blue ones out and go from there.

Cheers,