Note to New Members ×

Sellers Beware!

heyadams

Guest Randy S.

And make sure you leave negative feedback for him. Just keep in mind, he'll probably do the same to you and leave some lame excuse, but you can always counter feedback. I had a guy back out of a purchase I'd made (he refused to sell me the motorcycle after the auction closed). F'er.

Originally posted by heyadams

Sellers Beware!

A guy just backed out of an ebay bid on a carving board after winning. I don't know his name but his e-mail is scott_wgj@yahoo.com and his ebay ID is canadianman99.

If you sold him something, good luck getting paid.

I'm confused, when I looked at the auction. I see that you have given him positive feedback for "quick paying." did he pay the money after all?

Now I feel stupid, I must have checked off his box when I did a mass leave feedback session last night.

Found out more today about the deal. The Scott guy was using his roommates ebay account. He bid up the board and then found a different one on this site and agreed to buy it. He then backed out of the Killer Loop deal.

I filed a no payment on the guy but it won't matter since it won't really affect him.

heyadams, I agree with Kent, DON'T relist it yet, contact the next highest bidder (been_interested), using the "2nd chance'' option. If he/she buys, It should save you the listing fees the 2nd time around because you won't have to relist. (Filing a NPB [non paying bidder report] should eventually reverse any listing fees though anyways.) Looking quickly at the bid history, the 3rd highest bidder (jawfxr) proxy was MUCH lower than the 2nd's bidder's proxy (been_interested), so attracting such a high bid the next time might not be as easy. I'd contact bidder # 2 (been_interested), if they are still interested IMHO, as a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. If it weren't for "CanadianMan's" attempt to buy, the bidding would have stalled at $60.00. Also, you can place ''follow-up" feedback explaing that the guy stiffed you. If the guy keeps it up with enough NPB's filed against him, he'll get bounced from eBay alltogether and get NARU'd ("No longer A Reegistered User). The blocked bidder list is a great tool also. You can block bidders with feedback of less than 0, bidders from other countries/regions, and bidders who have had NPB's filed against them.

Thanks for all the input, I tried the second chance option but the next bidder had already bought that Burton 185 and blown his wad.

I was pretty hot about it this morning, I have done about 80 ebay deals and this was my first snag. I did get a sincere apology from Scott today and I am going to let it go and concentrate on the fun stuff.

34 hours from right now ................. peak 10

Thanks again for all the help

He made a very sincere apology after I ripped him about his poor integrity and his lack of knowledge about eBay (he couldn't figure out how someone could magically outbid him by a buck each time he placed a bid! He was probably totally surprised when after 20 bids he all of a sudden showed up as high bidder) Call me stupid but I believe him and am willing to move on

Originally posted by heyadams

He made a very sincere apology after I ripped him about his poor integrity and his lack of knowledge about eBay (he couldn't figure out how someone could magically outbid him by a buck each time he placed a bid! He was probably totally surprised when after 20 bids he all of a sudden showed up as high bidder) Call me stupid but I believe him and am willing to move on

Hah, I did that once (had only used ebay once before that and thought to myself "Damn, he must be cheating!") but I eventually figured out how to use it and paid up. Honest mistake for a first-timer.