Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2011-2012

I'll probably ride a during the weekdays. I am staying in Portland at a buddies place. I am getting a rental car so I can get around. Though while actually in Portland having a car is pretty much not needed.

Make sure you rent a awd car or something that could use chains .

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim and I got our "Brrr" pint glasses and a few extras :eplus2:

Studded Snow tires on - Check

Load truck with gear - Check

Top off washer fluid - Check

Bring boots in to warm - Check

Seasons Pass - Check

Any reports from the opening weekend of POW????

Hey it was really nice riding with you on Monday Bryan ! We had really pretty good conditions for the first day . Good soft snow with a little fresh on the groomers. Got the cobwebs out of my legs ! Nice Ninkasi tricerahops on tap at the alpenstub for apres ski ! We will have to work on our apres ski tailgating plan.

Rode today , 10" superwet cement ! Rainsnow mix at base, planned on getting soaked! However got 8 good runs on Star top to bottom "powder" with great at the top , getting sticky at the bottom. Overall good basebuilding snow for meadows and for my riding legs !

Hey Jim, yes!! It was a good day for sure!!! No crowds, good coverage, the snow surface was softer on the groomers than I expected. The groomed runs with a few inches on top were SWEET!!!

Glad you got some good runs today before it got too wet. I am guessing it was more fun than I had ;)

Yes, plan on it!!

Bryan

post-198-141842350278_thumb.jpg

Rode Sunday with my daughter on skiis . They are starting to need a little snow with some bare spots showing on south facing slopes . The "ski" carving was pretty fun on Star . Below cascade was really nice too. Overall it was fun for my daughters first day . My ski muscles got worked .... Snow sport cross training is good for the soul!

BTW Bryan when are you going to bodyworlds brains?

Hi Jim, thanks for the report. Sounds like Friday was a great pow day.

Glad you got to ski with the girls. The report today made it sound like it was a pretty hard surface. I was hoping the surface was better (good enough to take a day off) I will probably wait till it is better?

Yes. I have one "Free Admin." coupon now. I think it runs through January?

My older brother said it was pretty impressive.

Bryan

Bryan,

I rode today and it was fast and good.

Damn Mike, sure wish I could have joined you :( The contractor I am working for just went to 5/10s until further notice. I will work until I can't stand it anymore. :eplus2: Sure glad you got the goods today. Was the grooming pretty good? Thinks smoothing out? I bet the snow Wednesday made it grippy? See you soon.!! I see Pokis got his plate today. Looks really good dude!! Bryan

I may be able to go Monday? My guess it will be "Worked" by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite possibly.

Currently the plan is to ride Friday with Tinks, Hildreth, Jim (not Jim M) (has a brand new Tinkler to play on).

Hoping that we get a few inches tonight/Thursday and it will become a good groomer for Friday?

I can again ride any day. So, looking forward to getting in a couple weekdays per week min.

Bryan

PS Several alpine riders , not on BOL, report the groomers have been better than what you might expect for the dry spell we have had. Perhaps we are seeing dividends from the new groomers?

How did your Cat Ski trip go? Should have been plenty of fresh right?

Left you a message earlier today. Hope you can make it Friday?

Bryan

Yes got your message but at work now in the basement so no cell coverage . Working thru sunday :( but yes please pick up my package from Mike. I will paypal him tonight or tomorrow. Was going to call you after work tonight at 11pm if your still up?

Oh yes Canada was great. They havent had any new snow for a week but we were the first catski group of the year. Clear cold temp made the snow really good and stable. Got to ride all the high alpine lines in boot top to knee deep powder . Rode silverstar for a day prior to our cat pickup and carved nice line with the Tanker 192. Rode a Maori 200 at the cat lodge . Some really cool looking new fat pow skiis now to ride also ? Looks tempting sometimes but still can kick some asses on a Tanker.

Cool Jim.

I may or may not be up. Feel free to call either way if you want.

Can you send the payment as a "Gift" to save the fees? I know Mike would appreciate that.

I will be happy to pick it up. Good reason to have you come by or meet up for a beer. :biggthump I want to see one of the new carbon plates in person. They look really good!! I have some of the new Bomber lower cants coming, I want to use them on my new Tinkler set up to keep the height down.

I am flying out on Friday, hanging out in Portland for the weekend. Then up to Hood for Monday and Tuesday. Looking at the weather forecast I am thinking about just leaving the softboots here, thinking the Coiler (173 VSR) could be good for the conditions.

Yes good choice!

I am flying out on Friday, hanging out in Portland for the weekend. Then up to Hood for Monday and Tuesday. Looking at the weather forecast I am thinking about just leaving the softboots here, thinking the Coiler (173 VSR) could be good for the conditions.

I agree, if we get a sudden dump, you can borrow a pow board, no sweat.

Enjoy the flight!!

Started out cloudy and very flat light. Couple fresh inches (even though it had gotten rained on) really made for great groomers. No lines, sun came out within an hour or so. Vista was the lift of choice today. Shooting Star was somewhat dissapointing in surface quality.

Lots of new gear being checked out. Jim on his new carbon complete Tinkler. I rode my new plated uber stiff race board 181cm. The plate was amazing and the board wants to go REALLY fast, really fast. More taper then I have ridden in years if ever. A little slow to start but rails and pops big time when loaded. It will definitely be an excellent set up for the chalky or super grippy times. Soft in places but overall the surface was pretty sweet. Spring like mid day.

post-198-141842353205_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842353217_thumb.jpg

Started out cloudy and very flat light. Couple fresh inches (even though it had gotten rained on) really made for great groomers. No lines, sun came out within an hour or so. Vista was the lift of choice today. Shooting Star was somewhat dissapointing in surface quality.

Lots of new gear being checked out. Jim on his new carbon complete Tinkler. I rode my new plated uber stiff race board 181cm. The plate was amazing and the board wants to go REALLY fast, really fast. More taper then I have ridden in years if ever. A little slow to start but rails and pops big time when loaded. It will definitely be an excellent set up for the chalky or super grippy times. Soft in places but overall the surface was pretty sweet. Spring like mid day.

Looks good ! Wish I could have been there!

I really need to get up this just sucks. I have no work and no money and when I have work I can't get up :AR15firin

I really need to get up this just sucks. I have no work and no money and when I have work I can't get up :AR15firin

Ross! DUDE, That is EXACTLY what I was wondering last time we spoke :smashfrea

Love to see you join in? When we get more snow you will definitely want to be here.