Note to New Members ×

Any Golfers out there playing well this year?

C5 Golfer

I have been having a good year and if I win my next match I get into the finals. Match Play is such a great way to play golf.

Anyone else play competitive golf?

Here. Die-hard golf-holic. I struggled this year until mid-June but found my swing back 10 days ago. Due to lack of practice and rounds, PGA PAT (early June) was disaster this year. So, I'm on Practice mode until next week but am pretty confident to shoot around mid-70s for a round.

Here. Die-hard golf-holic. I struggled this year until mid-June but found my swing back 10 days ago. Due to lack of practice and rounds, PGA PAT (early June) was disaster this year. So, I'm on Practice mode until next week but am pretty confident to shoot around mid-70s for a round.

Good rounds to play in the mid 70's - I play to a GHIN 8.3 ... Played 117 holes last week or 6 18 hole rounds and then a 9 hole r. 45 of of them in one day,

Does that make me a golf-a-holic?

Good rounds to play in the mid 70's - I play to a GHIN 8.3 ... Played 117 holes last week or 6 18 hole rounds and then a 9 hole r. 45 of of them in one day,

Does that make me a golf-a-holic?

You had me at 'C5 Golfer'. I saw Mammoth's AD saying Tri-Fun in a day. Golfing/Snowboarding/Biking. Well.. I remember you posted last year that you just did that. Lucky you and CA/CO/WA people.

I'm a lame golfer - a hack to be sure. So much so that I have discovered that my best rounds are now that I play once every two years, or so. I'm sure it's that I have no expectations under the circumstances and I play loose. If I start to tense a little, a beer is like a reset button. I enjoy it now more than ever, just much less often.

You had me at 'C5 Golfer'. I saw Mammoth's AD saying Tri-Fun in a day. Golfing/Snowboarding/Biking. Well.. I remember you posted last year that you just did that. Lucky you and CA/CO/WA people.

yea -- that was a good day to ride golf and bike in the same day.. couldn't do it this season due I broke my ankle Feb and no snowboarding until next season. Couldn't bike until about 2 months ago.

we got Silver Mountain to pony up some prizes for the bike races I'm directing, and there are two certificates for for two rounds each at their new Galena course.I rode my bike up there and it's gorgeous.Just the first nine of 18 are done but nicely done so far.

Awesome! Was it your best score? Now your HCP should be around 2-3. Mine was 2.1 and now more like 5 or 6. :eek:

It was one of my better rounds.. but it also was not really a correct way to play. It was a tournament we call Red White And Blue to celebrate 4th of July where each player picks 6 Red , 6 White and 6 Blues from which to play.. I capitalized on the Red and made easy Birdie and Eagle.. so yea my handicap is going down. but not to a 1-2. My lowest has been a 7 something last year before I broke my ankle snowboarding this year. I am still feeling it sometimes striking the ball but least I can take a full swing. I wish I had started playing earlier in life so I could have had the young swing speed. Now at 64 I am looking to shoot my age soon – probably about 7 years from now. Re: my best round.. about 3 weeks ago we had a tourny in the wind and rain and we played from the blue tees, I took 1st with 3 over par - that was a good score due to conditions and most others were shooting 4-7 strokes over their course handicap.

Shot even par Saturday.. placed 2nd in the tournament. one eagle and 5 missed birdie putts, lipped them out.

Wow! Nice playing.

I had a good round on Saturday. Played from the middle tees and shot a 3-over 75 despite a double. My putting had been abysmal but I switched to the claw grip Saturday and only used 25 putts. Now I just have to keep it going. My HC went up to a 9.1 last week. This round will bring it back down a bit.