Note to New Members ×

Sliding help

Harmless

Ive been riding my longboard for a bit, and i finally got around to try sliding. I made my self some gloves and got the safety gear. But im running into some big problems.

Im riding a 36" drop through with 80a wheels. I've tried coleman sliding but the board just stays planted to the ground. When i try to slide on my toe slide, the rear slides about 2-4 feet till the wheels chatter, then bite and im throw off the board. :confused:

Thanks for any feedback.

you have to unweight your wheels....the more weight you put on your hands the less that's on the wheels and the easier it is to slide. if you are trying to slide a hard lipped wheel (like Zig Zags) speed is also going to be a greater requirement

...if you are trying to slide a hard lipped wheel (like Zig Zags) speed is also going to be a greater requirement

What Gecko said...

You mentioned that your wheels are 80a. What type of wheels are they?

I'm also just learning to slide. I haven't done any sliding on skateboards since the late 80's early 90's. Things have changed a tad since then. On my own boards I've slid 81a Abec11 Flashbacks and some crappy Kryptonics. On other folks boards I tried BigZigs, Otang Stims, Venoms, and I don't remember what else. So far my favorite is the Flasbacks. The BigZigs would SUCK to learn to slide on, especially if they were not well broken in.

For me, when I initially learned to slide, it was easier to grab the board. I guess I just felt more connected or something. Now I'm getting so I'm able to do Colemans, and they're easier now that I've learned the grab-slides (whatever those are called.)