Pointless Argument Thread

kieran

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey C5 GOLFER.... is there a metric equivalent for RCH? What units would a "Brazilian" use?

That is a very good question... never had any parts made in Brazil so that has not cum up.

Let me sleep on it and see what dreams I have,,, I am sure I will have an answer tomorrow.:biggthump

RE: Metric RCH -- it is exactly the same.. which is just wonderful.

You are not in that big of a hurry folks. You have now fallen into a very dangerous habit!! Allow a safe distance from the car in front of you and pay attention please!!!

Even on the weekends folks are relentless in pushing the car in front of them even when traveling 65mph on the freeway. BACK OFF , you are not that important, Your time is not so valuable to endanger others. Stop it.

Are you really so smart that you know what I am about to say?

Do you think your time is so valueable that you can't wait till someone finishes even the briefest of statements.

Do this to me and be ready to hear this. "Would you please quit talking while I"m interrupting." ???

No, it's just that you are so dumb you don't have any clue as to what the right thing to say is! It is obvious that it is up to the rest of us to help you figure out what you are thinking! :rolleyes:

lowrider seems to be 'out of tolerance', be it metric, english or Brazilian! Too bad, guy! We feel for you! :eek:

By the way... why in the world are feet, inches, pounds, gallons, etc called "English" units when the English use metric? :freak3:

Mrs. Smith, what brings you to the ER today?

Well, it all started after my sister was born 65 years ago. You see, prior to that...

Mrs. Smith, what happened TODAY that brought you to the ER TODAY?

That's what I was trying to tell you, doc....my sister made my mom stop taking me to....

Mrs. Smith, you told the nurse you had chest pain, when did the chest pain start?

65 years ago once my sister was born. You see, I have this all figured out...

Mrs. Smith, the chest pain you have now, did you have it 1 hour ago?

If I hadn't already had this conversation a million times before (different details, same sentiment) I'd let you finish that story....of course, the last bit I don't say. Don't want to be rude....

Mrs. Smith, what brings you to the ER today?

Well, it all started after my sister was born 65 years ago. ....

Emergency situations are quite different in terms of conversation protical.

Save his life so he can complain about how rude you were not to listen to his drawn out life's story.

I am sure I am guilty of this, "Detail Oriented" as my father would say. :eplus2:

You are not in that big of a hurry folks. You have now fallen into a very dangerous habit!! Allow a safe distance from the car in front of you and pay attention please!!!

Even on the weekends folks are relentless in pushing the car in front of them even when traveling 65mph on the freeway. BACK OFF , you are not that important, Your time is not so valuable to endanger others. Stop it.

This was fresh on my mind after my favorite little trailer was ruined and my Dad was shaken up pretty good that day. I see it so much. It has become the norm to tail gate. I would be allot more upset if my Dad was hurt. Be careful out there , please!.

post-198-141842344228_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842344235_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842344239_thumb.jpg

Emergency situations are quite different in terms of conversation protical.

Save his life so he can complain about how rude you were not to listen to his drawn out life's story.

I am sure I am guilty of this, "Detail Oriented" as my father would say. :eplus2:

Speaking of rude and thoughtless, I had a solo practice years ago. A man came into see me complaining of "bronchitis" which his coworkers also had. Their symptoms were sinuses, sore throat and coughing, his was chest tightness and shortness of breath. His BP was 180/110 but he "didn't have high blood pressure" (last doc visit 20 years before) EKG showed a big anterior wall MI right in my office. I gave him a spray of nitro and an aspirin and called the ammalanse (paramedic slang from ex-). He had emergency triple bypass surgery the next day. Two weeks later his wife storms in with the $400 EMS bill and screams at me because I should have let her take him to the ER instead of dialing 9-1-1. I was very rude to call EMS.

Two weeks later his wife storms in with the $400 EMS bill and screams at me because I should have let her take him to the ER instead of dialing 9-1-1. I was very rude to call EMS.

And of course if you hadn't called, and your patient had not survived his wife's transport to the hospital, she would have been more than happy to file suit against you, for not calling 911.

It wouldn't have been an issue of calling 9-1-1 and her suing me, I would have lost my license for not calling 9-1-1.

another MIGHT BE possible reason she was upset and sued you... he had a big life insurance policy and her dreams of cashing it in were extinguished.

another MIGHT BE possible reason she was upset and sued you... he had a big life insurance policy and her dreams of cashing it in were extinguished.

You're assuming poor white trash sees the utility of having insurance....

You're assuming poor white trash sees the utility of having insurance....

For the sake of maintaining the alleged pointlessness of arguments in this thread, I'll argue that many in the "white trash" community look for ways to "cash in" anyway possible. Frivolous lawsuits, and insurance fraud, are all tools of their trade.

I thought it's a normal part of North American and especially US, culture...
best example of US Capitalism at work;

if you're a US Citizen, living and working in a foreign country ... to keep your US Citizenship, you have to pay Federal Taxes.

best example of US Capitalism at work;

if you're a US Citizen, living and working in a foreign country ... to keep your US Citizenship, you have to pay Federal Taxes.

And trust me, we US citizens just love paying our taxes, especially when we know how efficiently and carefully our government spends it :freak3:

And trust me, we US citizens just love paying our taxes, especially when we know how efficiently and carefully out government spends it :freak3:

Oh Oh... here we go Political .. I am going to go make popcorn and get my rocking chair. Can of worms open -- worms everywhere.

:lurk: