Note to New Members ×

From Burton Fire to Deeluxe ???T

Hi there,

I've been riding my entire life with the Burton Fire. I like them for carving on hard pack but for AM carving I find them a bit stiff. I ride ''walk mode'' for AM to compromise but I find the plastic too hard still.

What is the equivalent in stiffness to the Fire's, is it the 700T?

Thank you for any input!

Jeff

You bring a good point though, I could buy a BTS kit and adjust in function of my needs. Thanks for your reply.

I guess now I need to know more about the plastic flex of the Deeluxe compared to the Fire's. If the Fire's are like the 700, I'll go for 325 but if they are like the 325; 225 would be my choice. My guess is they are closer to the 700 model...

Thank you very much guys for all your input/information, I appreciate you took the time.

UPZ? Few people mentioned them...I don't know...I don't look for the closest match of the Fire's, they are too stiff for my AM riding, I'll have a look at ATB though.

Since Jack confirmed the newer model of the 700T are similar and better, I'm tempted by the 325T for now.

When I look at the description of the 225 versus the 325 though, I'm not so convince of the difference between the two? Both since to suit my needs?

Thanks, cheers!

I went from Burton Fires to Deeluxe T700. The 2010+ T700 (red lower) are similar to the flex of the Fires, and are a better boot. The 2009 T700 (white boot, red tongue) are a little bit softer.

(Jeff, sorry for pitch in here)

Jack, the 2010 T700T is stiffer: is that from the xtra booster strap added or the plastic shell is already stiffer thn 2009?

Thx,

RT

Unmodified, the 352's are on the stiffer side--probably stiffer than the 2009 700t's.
agreed. i have 2009 325's and 700's, and the 325's are the stiffer by far. they just didn't pivot right for my ankle shape.

if you can try out the 325's and they work for your foot/leg, i'd go with them and a BTS setup to suit your flex needs.

agreed. i have 2009 325's and 700's, and the 325's are the stiffer by far. they just didn't pivot right for my ankle shape.

if you can try out the 325's and they work for your foot/leg, i'd go with them and a BTS setup to suit your flex needs.

That's good to know! I though the 700 was on the stiffer side...

After reading all replies, I think now I'm convince to buy some BTS. I guess that is the key for what I'm looking for.

Thank you again for everyone who took the time to reply!

I just had a look at the UPZ ATB, they look like they would suite my needs as well. If only they were BTS compatible, it would be the perfect match!

Sooooo?

325 with BTS or UPZ ATB is my dilemma!

I don't think I have ever seen reviews on the ATB, I'll do some searches or start a new post to get reviews.

All UPZ boots have the UPZ version of BTS built into the boot. That's what the spring mechanism is in the back. When the boot is locked in ride mode, the foward and backward flex is controlled by this spring mech, and the stiffness of the tongue you use (grey, black or red).

Dave

AgassizSkidder has a pair of ATB boots.

I have not ridden boots with BTS, but the UPZ work just like described above. Lock them in ride mode and they still flex on the springs fore and aft. Can be tightened and loosened, plus springs can be swapped out. My Burton Wind boots did the same.

And they are on sale now if you have the right size foot.

http://www.upzboots.com/pricelist.html

Here is the back of my boot with the lever in walk mode.

850239359_PR6UT-XL-1.jpg

I can't comment on the ATBs but I did have a set of 225s for AM use. I liked the softness of the 225s for AM but I don't think they would have held up for hard carving. I suspect i will have a similar feeling for the ATBs. Anyway, I'm ditching the 225s and buying a set of ATBs because the UPZ mold seems to fit my foot better.

BTW apparently the toe piece of this years ATB (10/11) had some problems fitting into a TD3. I don't know the specifics of how it didn't fit but Dan Yoja said this is supposed to be fixed on next years model. Dan also orders boots near the end of May so if you want to be gaurenteed a set in your size e-mail him sometime in May.

Dave

Thanks Dan for the picture, the link and the contact! Agassiz contacted me and we'll meet at one point! I think though that the system is different on the ATB, they don't have backward flex, only front according to the website. Anyways thanks man, you really helped me out! By the way is the name Bora from a VW enthusiast?

Dave, thank you for letting me know about the fitting issue. I'll be fine for me, I have race plate right now. I'll give a buzz to Dan Yoja at one point for sure. Thank you for the infos you gave me.

Cheers guys, Jeff