Note to New Members ×

UPZ's or Deeluxe?

Gcarve

Hey everyone! New to the forum here, but have been boarding for 25 years. At 54 years old, I'm looking for some new hard boots. I can't decide between the Deeluxe Track 325's or 700's, or the UPZ RC10's. I'm 5'9" and 190lbs, and enjoy carving groomed, as well as epic powder days. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The boots all fit differently. I just purchased a pair of UPZ 10's because they were the best fit for me. I have a pair of Raichle AF600's that are pretty shot. I tried the Head Statos, Deluxe 225, and the UPZ's.

The Head boots are wider overall. The Deluxe 225's are narrow in the forward part of the foot and wider in the heel. The AF 700's are most likely wider in the fore foot (didn't have my size in these). The UPZ's are narrower in the heel and wider in the fore foot area.

If possible, try on the boots before buying. I would not buy online without trying them on. I went to All Board Sports in Boulder, CO.

If you cant go to a store to try them all on, buy all 3 pairs, take them to a boot fitter, find out which ones will work for you, carpet ride them, and return the other 2 pair.

You will be out the shipping, but that is cheaper than buying and hating them.

The Head boots are wider overall. The Deluxe 225's are narrow in the forward part of the foot and wider in the heel.

The Heads are wider in the forefoot, but narrower in the heel than Deeluxe. A size 27 Head has the same width heel as a size 26 Deeluxe.

Got my UPZ's yesterday. The first time I carpet rode them I noticed they are very tight around the ankles, as has been mentioned previously in this thread. Wore them for an hour and had to take them off, as my ankles were getting sore.

Put them on again today and they have started molding to my feet, ankle tightness is almost gone. After wearing them for three hours they feel perfect!

Now I have to wait 2-4 weeks for my Donek Metal Freecarve board that Sean is making me (and my new TD3 bindings), and I'll be heading to Mammoth for some carving!! I've heard that Mammoth will be open thru July 4 this year!!

post-10837-141842343701_thumb.jpg

Do yourself, and your feet, and huge favor and put heat moldable liners in there. The stock liners are, in my opinion, extremely deficient. The heat moldables will fit better, be more comfortable, and be warmer.

Thanks for your input zoltan!! I was thinking about getting the UPZ Flo Liner.

I'd say just go with Intuition or Thermoflex liners. They're cheaper, easier to mold, can be remolded, work great, and have worked very well for me and others.

Thanks zoltan!! Where is the best place online to buy them? I appreciate your help!!

I have been riding the stock liner with out any issues for years, I would ride the stock liner for a while then make your own call, you would just be waisting your money to take a liner that lots of world cup level riders love, and tose it based on some internet advise. Plust the softer liners will change the boots flex pattern

I have been riding the stock liner with out any issues for years, I would ride the stock liner for a while then make your own call, you would just be waisting your money to take a liner that lots of world cup level riders love, and tose it based on some internet advise. Plust the softer liners will change the boots flex pattern

Thanks Bordy! Your input is greatly appreciated. I'm going up tomorrow and ride my UPZ's on my old Burton M6. After a few days of carpet riding, the UPZ's are starting to feel good, so I'm going to wait and see how things go, before make any decisions about changing liners.

+1 on the stock liners.

Bought my RC10's new in Dec '10. They were comfortable out of the box and have just continued to become more comfy. The gel pockets take a little time to mold to your foot... give them that time and you will be rewarded. l have worn my boots down to -25 celsius with no problems at all.

Also... just for ease of entry/exit... unlock the rear mechanism before doing either and your foot will slide in/out with minimum effort.

Also... just for ease of entry/exit... unlock the rear mechanism before doing either and your foot will slide in/out with minimum effort.

Thanks!! I read about that here on BOL, in a different thread, and made sure to unlatch that back lever prior to attempting to pull my UPZ's on!

OMFG. I have spent the last two seasons having a wrestling match with my boots, every time I put them on.

So I go downstairs after reading this, flip the lever down ... and slide right in.

Please award me idiot of the week and beat me with a stick. :mad: Good to know for next season though!! Thank you! "slinks off to sit in dunce corner"

Glad your boots are working well, Gcarve. I really like mine, and it sounds like you like yours too.

Agree with Bordy 100% on the UPZ liners. Once you get some time in on them, they will really mold to your foot shape well. I find the full heat molded types spongy and vague feeling, but in the end boot feel is personal taste.