Note to New Members ×

Many Race Boards For Sale

StaciaHookom

Many race boards for sale. Get some last minute carves in or gear up for summer board testing.

Oxygen Proton 149cm $100

Hot Custom 160 $75--Sold

Hot Custom 160cm $75-- Sold

Twenty4seven 175cm $100--Sold

Oxygen Proton 172cm $125-- Sold

Oxygen Proton 178cm $125

Nidecker Extreme Race GS 184cm $150 (ridden about 5x)-- Sold

Prices without shipping. All of these boards are well taken care of. They have flat bases with race grinds for there even, SL, GS, Super-G. They have been stored with wax. Some have been ridden more than others. Some of them I have multiples. If you are interested in any of them let me know and I will send more info and pictures.

shookom at phonoscope dot net

Thanks,

Stacia

post-9457-141842341281_thumb.jpg

I would like to buy your 149 asap. My sons coach is Neil Sunday who thinks this board would be great for my little mans first race board. His birthday is Monday. Any chance it's still available and ready to ship? My email is stoll52@gmail.com

Hope to talk to you soon.

Thanks, stacy

Stacia posted her email as shookom at phonoscope dot net so you might try emailing direct.

I don't think Stacia checks the board all that often.

Ink

Hello Again:

I have two Hot boards. The base of the white one is better than the green. White on also has more camber. Otherwise they have plenty of edge for tuning and no delamination, graphite bases.

Waist 17cm

length 160cm

running length 144cm

Medium stiff flex, softer in the nose.

Let me know what else you need to know.

Stacia

would these be appropriate for a 100lb woman 5'6" or 1m67cm tall. with mondo 24.5 boots? Softer flexes needed. Looking for 18cm or narrower waist.

Hi: just checking... 5'6" and only 100 pounds? This seems tall and very light.

In this case I would recommend the Hot 160cm. These boards as seen in the other post are narrow-- 17cm, good for small feet. Not too long and a more forgiving flex for the lighter weight person. I am 5'3" and 145 and I used this for slalom, tight turns. I could muscle this board around. I had it custom made with a larger sidecut than most slalom boards, so a lighter weight person will be able to make nice larger turns on this board.

The Oxygen 172cm may work. These are definitely more stiff, but not too long for someone 5'6". 19cm wide. I wear a 23.5, but always had to use a 24.0 boot because it was usually the smallest I could find in the stiffness I liked and I found 19cm was good-- the widest I would go.

Third option, the 149cm Oxygen-- better than the 172 for a light weight person, 19cm wide, pretty stiff for a little board.

Let me know if you have further questions or need additional pictures. You can email me direct, too. shookom at phonoscope dot net

Stacia

Hi,

How is Hot Custom 160 compared to Oxygen Proton 149cm in terms of in terms of sidecut radius and flex? Which one is easier for a beginner? It's for my wife. She's around 120 pounds.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi-- Just got a request to buy both Hot boards. If the sale falls through I will repost.

The Hot is longer, narrower and softer than the 149cm. The HOT has a side cut radius that is longer, more GS like turns. The 149cm is very little, although pretty stiff for such a little board, and make very quick turns.

The 149cm would be fine for a beginner. I have sold two others to younger riders, kids, that are just learning to carve. Plus, the board is not that expensive, so you could start with that then move up.

Once your wife feels comfortable, the 172 Oxygen is the board she wants to be riding. This is the perfect female carving board for making some fast turns on groomers, etc. However, I don't let the fact that I am on a race board slow me down. I go down everything on this board-- all be it in moguls it is a bit of a monster.

Sorry-- that was more than you were asking-- 149cm Oxygen would work fine since the Hot is sold.

Stacia

• 3 weeks later...