Note to New Members ×

Burton Ultra Prime and K2 Fatty's

Ohob

Time for more spring cleaning!

This oughta make someone a nice little rock board! Its a 164 and in pretty decent shape. It has one ding thats been filled, but overall the base looks great! Top sheet is kinda scuffed from bindings but not bad. $100 OBO + shipping. Sold to DZX

K2 Fatty's little snowblades that are a blast to ride! Bases and edges are in great shape. $75 OBO +shipping

burton3.jpg

burton2.jpg

burton1.jpg

burtonandk2s007.jpg

Sorry, I beg to differ - as it states in the serial # stamped on the board

164 801960 denotes that the board is infact a 164.

The naming of the board (62) does not reflect on the actual length of the board. Large ski manufactures were all notorious for doing the same and confused the heck out of everyone. The best way to check the actual size is by the serial number.

burtonserial.jpg

Sorry, I beg to differ - as it states in the serial # stamped on the board

164 801960 denotes that the board is infact a 164.

The naming of the board (62) does not reflect on the actual length of the board. Large ski manufactures were all notorious for doing the same and confused the heck out of everyone. The best way to check the actual size is by the serial number.

burtonserial.jpg

so that would mean my ultra prime is 264cm/

my burton custom 62 is 127cm/

my 165 burton fusion bx is 0cm as it has no serial number

seems obvious to me??? Thanks

my tape measure is surprisingly accurate however...:barf:

Not to drag this on any further is a for sale thread, but my experience, particularly with older boards, is that it runs the gamut of how they're measured and how they're named.

I've seen boards where the size is actually indicated in the serial number, as this one MAY be. But I've also seen boards that are measured by the length standing on end and others that are actually measured with the tape curving along the nose (denoting a longer length).

So, I'm not sure you could argue about this stuff...just call it a lower 160's board as most are never gonna feel the 2cm anyway :1luvu:

Brian