Note to New Members ×

Prior Pow Stick 176

I rode this board with hardboots -SB413's and x-bone step in's on both Blackcomb and Whistler on a day with 20cm of fresh on top of a similar dump the previous day. I have no experience of powder and make no claim to be even competent. The first few runs were taken down blues with untracked on top of groom. The board is stupid good. it turns quickly with little sign of sinking or dipping the nose. I could put good weight on the front leg and spent most of the day with both legs evenly weighted. A run down Dakine off the glacier express chair was just amazing. On a relatively steep pitch with at least half a metre of fresh it is easy, stable and controllable.I tried it in the trees but firstly I royally suck at riding trees and I think this board is too long and a mid 160's board would be much better. later on the peak express chair opened so we went over to Whistler and tried some runs down the west bowl. This had not been open for at least the previous day and possibly the day before so had truckloads of fresh untracked powder. The west bowl is a double black and I consider myself an intermediate rider at best and have no powder experience. This board made it easy and i had the run of a lifetime on a metre of virgin BC powder. It is like cheating!

The pow stick also carves reasonably well - about as good as the 4WD all mountain board which is very surprising as it certainly doesn't look like it will carve. Its also reasonably forgiving on bumpy chopped up late day groomers and is manageable in the moguls. The tight side cut radius means that it will carve tight turns and it will also skid round very tightly. I just loved this board and now i have to figure out how to buy one!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for the interesting review. I've been thinking about getting one of these Prior Pow Sticks.

I got my 176 Prior Pow Stick from a fellow BOL member fairly recently! Can't wait to ride it this next season!! I'll be riding it with TD3's and my UPZ RC10's. And of course I'll add my review of this board once it's been in some deep pow.

60facb4d.jpg

abca8d6b.jpg