Note to New Members ×

WTB Prior 4WD and Info on Prior 4wd

Guest zion611

Guest zion611

Any info on these boards? Can I truly carve on one of these? I am a frereider looking for a carve setup, but also see berms and jumps on a run i like to hit. Any info on this board, or suggestions would help! If anyone has a prior close to 159 160 boots and bindings- please let me know!

I own a 179 4wd, i've had it for about 6 years now, I think it is a great board for carving, its cuts up pretty much anything you throw at it from east coast ice chunks to blackcomb pow pow drifts, all of which my board has seen. I've also used to run the gates when my race boards are not ready to run, it works in a pinch here but really not whats it's made for. So yeah the 4wd is a great carver. Take a look at the prior website: www.priorsnowboards.com, ther isn't any info on the wtb but i'm sure if you email them they'll tell everythiung you could want to know.

I don't know how tall you are, but for carving (even with a few jumps thrown in), you may find a 159 a little bit short.

Are you riding freeride boards around that length now? If so, it shouldn't be too hard to move up to a 169 carving deck, and the extra length/stability really makes a difference at high speeds. I demo'd a 169 4WD at Whistler 2 seasons ago and it was a really fun ride. FYI, I'm about five foot eleven, and around 155 pounds.