Note to New Members ×

Nakiska March 6

Allee

Sorry I didn't make it out yesterday ... I went to Louise on Sat, after what I didn't think was that hard a leg workout on Thu ... only to have my legs completely quit on me after five runs! So stayed home yesterday ...

The Nationals start on the 24th and run for a week up there, so I'd make it before then. Over that weekend the hill will be full of racer types and it's likely all the lounges and lodges will be closed off for them too. There's races for the next 2 weekends too, but they're just class stuff, the hill should be fine.

I'm going to try and make it up next weekend. Fingers crossed it warms up a bit, it's still really cold overnight.

I realize my reliability on getting out has been less than stellar but I'm planning on coming down on Friday Mar 18th for a day of riding at Nakiska. I won't have my family but I may have a new carver along with me and possibly a softbooter. If they bail I'll be alone.

BTW I suprised the crap out of myself on Thursday by being able to carve the blue faces. And was happy I figured out how to toeside EC right on the last steep slope at the bottom Lower North Axe in full view of Silver Chair ;). Now I want to get the heelside EC down.

Dave