Note to New Members ×

Rich introducing himselve.

Rich

Hi folks,

smal introduction..

I'm from Holland / the Netherlands, 35 jears old and started snowboarding in 1988 on a GNU on skiboots at that moment there was not much else.

Or you had to go on a Swingbo (do you remember those)

Afterwards I went to a halfpipeboard but nothing for me.

Now I own a Burton Clash on softies.

But the thing I'm missing is speed and carvin on the Clash is limmited.

Because shops to rent a alpineboard are hard to find I now bought my own stuff.

A still new Burton Factory Prime Goofy (I'm sorry I still find it fun to see a asym board let see how it goes)

on top of that a bought some Burton race plates en finaly Yes I know it is old and not state of art Burton Boilers.

These are stil new and bought then for 10 Euro's its almost for free.

The plan is to have a try to see how it goes.

Yes I will find out that the boots are old but when I have the feel I will know what I want:)

In a couple of week I will go to a indoor skipiste (landgraaf) to test it out...

Welcome to Bomber.

Try to get some photos of you and your gear to post. Enjoy!!

Yes I will on the moment I don't have much...

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-ZAVIXQJI.jpg

( my wife has started to ski after we have met but is still a starter and can't be trusted with a fotocamera in her pocket she saids.:confused:)

But I will make a hopefuly good picture soon...:)

(hmm lets see I now get a mail when someones replies...hmmm lets find out how to turn this off)

Welcome:) Gnu were good freecarvers for those years. Mild assym offset with low binding angles for SL type freecarving is ok IMO, but that's a can of worms.

You started with hardboots? I probably should have, in early 90s I rode my Morrow MP 175 with 35/40 angles, ankle-strap high, full fwd lean and stiffest softies I could find*. I was obsessed with railing it and leaving clean trenches. Why I didn't just do alpine I still don't know.

Hope things go well for you and have lots of fun.

*Morrow X Boot (the first to allow for medial and lateral flex adjustment).

Hi Rich,

Where in NL are you based?

Wim Jaquet in Amersfoort still has alpine gear.

Hi Menno ah more Dutch people here.

I live in Lewedorp which I think you never heard off..:)

Its near Middelburg.

So Amersfoort is a 200 km further...:mad:

Ah first Ill try this set up but I think the Burton Boilers will go eventually...

At the end of this month I'll go testing with the family in Landgraaf.

I think I will go early to have a good piste.

Welcome:) Gnu were good freecarvers for those years. Mild assym offset with low binding angles for SL type freecarving is ok IMO, but that's a can of worms.

You started with hardboots? I probably should have, in early 90s I rode my Morrow MP 175 with 35/40 angles, ankle-strap high, full fwd lean and stiffest softies I could find*. I was obsessed with railing it and leaving clean trenches. Why I didn't just do alpine I still don't know.

Hope things go well for you and have lots of fun.

*Morrow X Boot (the first to allow for medial and lateral flex adjustment).

For me was the yellow board my learning board and cant really remember if it was good or not...the thing I remember most where my ski-boots without flex. (in Europe it was during the ELHO period with al fuorizing ski-clothing)

Maybe I'll have a picture somewhere in a box...

I think I used the surfer stance 20/40.

Because of the ski-boots I struggled on bumpy pistes and went for a halfpipe board (Nitro) with softboots.

At that time I thought that was the thing for me....but no it wasn't.

I missed my speed what I liked with skiing.

Now I own a Clash and tried to carve with it more and more but is has its limits.

Even so there are no snowboarders who pass me during my holidays (or I'm learning my wife and children).

In the end you go so fast your board starts to move in directions you don't want.

A couple of years back I saw a carver doing beautiful "S"-es on the piste wauw...

Because I still had the skiboot in my mind I'll wanted to try hardboots but as you know there are not many places where you can rent something..Foto-XYB3ZSKR.jpg