Note to New Members ×

Burton Wind Boots

oldkey

Does anyone know if the Wind came in various colors during the same model year?....or does the color signify the year? Were there major differences year by year? My son just converetd to the Burton Wind and so far finds the flex just right for his lanky 95lb body. He has ridden Raichles and UPS boots and found them too stiff.

I would like to buy Winds in larger sizes (he keeps growing and growing) for upcoming years and would like to get the same model year he has now. He currently rides green Winds boots with no other markings except the size (27.5....big feet for 13) and "Made in Italy." I bought them over the summer new for $50. I get lucky once and awhile!

Thanks in advance

no way!

thats one of the reasons I prefered the burton boots they are much more ridged than the raichle stuff

the only way they are soft is if the spring is really loose even then they are stiff side to side.

anyway the green ones are 00/01 if I remember correctly and the transparent blue and white are 99/00

after that they are all grey and red

what other models of boot did he ride in honestly a AF 700 with the race tongue is not stiff as a fire or wind for that matter this is due to the shell material the raichle boots use some flimsy plastic

Awesome.......so I want the green....or preferably the newer red and grey. I do not want the older transparent.

It's clearly difficult to get a 13 year old to articulate what he is feeling in his boots. Our concern has never been side to side, but his ability to lean forward to stay lower, centered over the board. Somehow he feels that these new Winds allow him to do that better.