Note to New Members ×

Boot Fit getting worse

Sharkey

Hey guys,

I have some Deeluxe Suzuka's that I bought back about 6 years ago. Time flies I guess. I only had them heat molded once because of some serious cramping, then I was good up until about last season. They seemed to fit great, nice and soft, but tight in the right spots. Now this season it feels like my foot is a 1/2 size smaller. The toe box is huge, and I get cramping along the top of my foot because I have to buckle it down so tight just to get any performance and not feel like my foot's going to come out.

Bottom line, could/should I replace the liner or get a new boot? I ski too, so these things should last quite a while, but I don't mind buying new boots if that's the way to go. thanks for any help, ken

I am experiencing the exact same thing. It's confusing b/c I know my feet haven't changed. I replaced the liners last season and the new ones seem to be even lower volume than the old ones. I tried using a 1/4" foam shim at the rear of the cuff, and some under the tongue. But they are still too big. I am looking at going down a size and getting new boots.

I am wondering if the fit hasn't changed as much as I think it has. As I've gotten better, I think I prefer a tighter fit. So the boots only seem looser.

Liners pack out. Try remolding them.

John, different liners have different thicknesses and volumes. The black Deeluxe Speed liner is the thinnest liner I know, if you happened to use that one as a replacement. The red one has a lot more volume.

You do not want your feet loose in the boots. It is potentially dangerous in a crash or even while hitting uneven terrain.

John, different liners have different thicknesses and volumes. The black Deeluxe Speed liner is the thinnest liner I know, if you happened to use that one as a replacement. The red one has a lot more volume.

That is my exact situation; went red to black. I didn't know until I bought the new liners. Still looking at going down a size.

I thinks it's time we all realize the black Deeluxe liners SUCK! Just no getting around it.:mad: I have 5 year old Suzukas with the grey liners with the white tongue and they have been great although I have to periodicly build up the area just above the instep buckle with hard foam for max. heel hold down without having to overtighten the buckles, which leads to foot cramp that the Op experienced. Rebaking can also help. Also don't be afraid to wear another thin sock it can take up alot of space,

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to hijack Sharkey's thread, but I'd like to post an update on my situation. My original boots are Raichle/Deeluxe SB 423 size 28. I just replaced them with UPZ RSV (predecessor to RC10?) size 27. I am using the black thermo liner size 28 from my old boots and they seem to fit well. The size, shape, and stiffness of the UPZ works much better for me. They're smaller overall, since they're a smaller size, but still have plenty of width in the forefoot, and a much narrower heel. I'm getting very little heel lift now. I've only had them on snow for a couple of hours, but I'm sold. I can't wait to try them again.