Note to New Members ×

New Rider From Germany!

jimmy737

Hey, I´m new here and would like to say hello to everyone!!

I´m from Cologne in Germany and will be living in Montreal until May.So far I have been at Bromont,Owls Head,St Sauveur and Tremblant but I have only met one raceboard rider out there!!So if someone is planning to go boarding in the greater Montreal area please let me know and I will join you guys!!

Does anyone know a good raceboard instructor in that area?

Andre

Bienvenue:biggthump<O:p</O:p

Désolé je parle juste français mon anglais est :barf:<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

Si tu parle français tu peut venir faire un tour a St Bruno il me fera plaisir de t’aider si je peux, si non tu peut allé le matin de semaine il y a Daniel qui parle anglais et très bon rider je suis sur qu’il pourrais t’aider :biggthump<O:p</O:p

Hello and welcome to Montreal my friend,

Though I'm just a beginer and nowhere near as good as Real and Daniel, I can confirm that I will be at Mt St-Bruno monday and tuesday morning as well. We also end up with 5-10 hardboot riders every fridays around 8:30. Otherwise, you stand a pretty good chance to meet other hardboot riders on tuesday evenings between 15;00 and 19:00.

Keep in mind that mount St-Bruno is laughable in size compared to european ski statioms, but it's nice to know that you can drive less than 15 minutes from downtown MTL, ride for one or two hours and then pack up and leave.

Cheers

Erick

Hi Jimmy, Max and I are both up north riding at St-sauveur so you are more than welcomed to join us .. we ride a lot at night.

Redia (real) he doesn't speak english but a great guy and fun to ride with. Bonus, he will introduce you the the finest beer from the province of quebec.

You're welcome to our next event: a "Coupe Québec Cora" at Mont Olympia next Saturday January 22nd at night. You should be able to see a group of 40 racers, young and "not so young" having fun together in a GS race. It's a "2 best of 3 runs" format. Come and participate.

Preregistration available on our website: http://snowboardquebec.org/

Registration start at 15h00

Races start at 18h00

Podium, :), :biggthump and beers is right after in the bar !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andre,

I live in Ottawa (two hours down the road) and ride almost every Sunday at Mt Tremblant. I will be there this Sunday for sure if you would like to ride together. I am "over the hill" for crashing gates, but I still enjoy riding hard on the groomers.

-Brian

Hey, I´m new here and would like to say hello to everyone!!

Does anyone know a good raceboard instructor in the area?

Andre

Andre,

I do not know any race coaches personally, however, here are some leads.

YYZ Canuck is a Canadian distributor of alpine race gear and therefore will have lots of contacts for you.

Ditto, Boutique Shark, a Montreal retailer of alpine gear to which YYZ is a supplier. I bought my last pr of boots there - Deeluxe Track 700s, in the spring of 2010.

Lastly, and perhaps most critically for you, Mt Tremblant is home to Jasey Jay Anderson, the PGS gold medal winner at the 2010 Winter Olymics. He has set up a business running race camps. I just looked at his website and it is not mentioned, however, ask around and you will quickly find out the dates. I am not sure if he has already run it this season but it will certainly be worth your while to find out since it is not often you have the opportunity to ride with the world's best :) .

Welcome to Montreal and Canada!!!

-Brian

info@yyzcanuck.com

Voice & Fax: 416.743.6304

Post: YYZCANUCK Inc., 16 Todd Brook Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M9V 1R4

http://www.sharksco.com/home/

http://www.jaseyjay.com/