Note to New Members ×

Talking me into a TD3!

zoltan

I weight 160 and am current on F2 Race Titaniums.

I need to find a second set of bindings for a throw around board, and was considering buying a new set of TD3 bindings for my Coiler and moving the F2s to the other board instead of buying cheap bindings for the other board. So, that said, what are TD3s going to give me which the F2 bindings don't? At my weight are the TD3s going to be more durable than the F2?

If the TD3's are anything like the TD2's they will be built like a tank. They will last a lifetime. One thing you will notice is that there is a lot less lateral flex. Great for some types/styles of riding. Bad for others. Will be money well spent. There probably isn't a better enginered/built binding on the market right now.

TD3 = Support local (US) company that brings constant stoke to the US carving community. F2 bindings = some company that really doesn't care much about us as far as I can tell (certainly not as much as Fin does).

That's enough reason for me. Others? Try getting parts for an F2 binding. I have. That was the main reason I switched years ago and have never looked back. Need parts for a Bomber binding? Well, to start with, the warranty is still five years, I think. So if you can actually break something, no problem - one phone call. Or if you lose parts or somehow strip a screw - just call them.

Another? What happens if you decide to sell the bindings in a year or two (or five)? Bombers retain their value. F2 are cheap - you get what you pay for.

Want to have one set of bindings for two boards? Buy a 2nd board kit and you can swap back and forth.

Basically a lot of the same arguments for buying a Donek, Coiler or Prior board rather than some Euro-branded, chinese-made POS, plus a bunch of additional arguments.

F2's are not cheap bindings. You get what you pay for? I think that's not fair to F2. They are solid bindings and I love mine.

I actually sold all my TDs because I like the F2's so much.

They are completely different bindings and at 160lbs it's going to change a lot for you. The TD's will be very stiff in comparison. Some people like the flex, some don't. Jack is going to roast me and say flex is bad, etc, but to each his own.

If you can try TD's before commiting then I'd highly suggest that. They are bombproof, will last a lifetime, and yes the support from bomber is the best in the industry. Don't discount your F2's though they are very good bindings.

Oh yeah your weight won't matter at all as far as TDs. They are bombproof regardless.

F2's are not cheap bindings. You get what you pay for? I think that's not fair to F2. They are solid bindings and I love mine.

I actually sold all my TDs because I like the F2's so much.

They are completely different bindings and at 160lbs it's going to change a lot for you. The TD's will be very stiff in comparison. Some people like the flex, some don't. Jack is going to roast me and say flex is bad, etc, but to each his own.

If you can try TD's before commiting then I'd highly suggest that. They are bombproof, will last a lifetime, and yes the support from bomber is the best in the industry. Don't discount your F2's though they are very good bindings.

Oh yeah your weight won't matter at all as far as TDs. They are bombproof regardless.

+1 to all of this post.

There are reasons that F2s are the hands down favorite of World Cup racers. There is also no shortage of freecarvers that love the TD3s.

Allowing for personal preference exceptions, it is likely that the lower the angles you ride, the more you will need / want lateral flex. Above 60 degrees, you probably want a laterally stiff binding. At 55 degrees or lower, you probably want some lateral flex.

Are you considering the SWs? The flex pattern is not quite the same as the F2s but you get the Bomber bomb proof quality and exceptional customer service. And they are made here in the US.