Note to New Members ×

Instruction for HB rider in NH/ME/VT?

bkasrel

Anyone know of any places to get a refresher lesson on HB riding in NH (or VT and ME)? I am back on my board after a long time (8+ years) and would like to get back into carving form. I am wondering if there are any places that have teachers that understand HB dynamics near the Boston area. Planning to go to Sunapee for MLK day, but would try other places if there is a good person to learn from.

Thanks

Bruce

BIG CROWDS that weekend, may not be the best time to remember how to HB. You'll be wanting a lot of space, and you will not find it there.

Now midweek, you will find, is the perfect time lots of nice lonely wide open nicely grromed trails.

They sold 6,200 tickets last Thursday before New Years and the only reason they stopped is because they don't sell tickets after 3 pm.

Hey but if you're in to standing in line for 25 minutes to take a 3 minute run down the mt then by all means Sunapee on a weekend is waiting for you.

EZE -

Thanks for the tip on MLK at Sunapee. I figured as much on the crowds and the lift wait to ride time ratio being awful. I got spoiled learning and riding in the west with 15 minute runs and super fast lifts. I still enjoy riding enough to put up with the crowds.

Any leads on an instructor at any NE resort who can teach HB... my form sucks and would love to get off of skidding a bit on my toe side...