Note to New Members ×

Mammoth

Big D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Big D!

Welcome to BOL. Snowman let me know you are riding Mammoth/June! I ride Mammoth/June with my significant other usually every weekend. We generally ride June on Saturdays and Mammoth on Sundays. We leave Mammoth around noon as we have to drive back to OC.

There are a couple of hard booters that live in Santa Barbara, one named Thomas. He rides up there all the time. Drop me a PM if you want to connect with riders in your area!

WELCOME! :)

Not sure if my first response went through as it said I was not logged on after I sent it. Anyhow hope this is not redundant. Yes I ride Mammoth. Was up on the 10th and 11th and think I was the only carver out there. I am up there again on the 31st I think it is for 3 days, Then back again I think of the 6th of March. I am still learnin the ropes and have only just recently acquired some true higher end carving boards (the Burner and an in process Donek) I will be taking my lumps the next trip as I try to balance a 7" waist board while wearing size 13 boots. 80 degrees here I come ha ha. Thanks for reachin out. If we get together lunch is on me at "The Mill" Tell me about June and this Holy Grail they call gunsmoke?

Darren

you were not alone but you were just not looking! Did you see any c-track in the snow ? Next time you can see from the chairs and follow the track in the snow.

gunsmoke is great for many reasons...all of June is fun, but you can always decide for yourself. The shuttle to June from Mammoth Lakes also!

Maybe there were two of us ha ha. I rode Stump Alley and hit Mambo for the most part then when wind/visibility got bad I stayed low and rode Eagle. Got 4th chair the first day and 10th the second. Great snow in the AM I thought, very predictable.

I always look for arcs when I am on the lift and saw one set but never saw the creator.

I will have to revisit June this season. Have not been there since my first ever day on a board.

Thanks for the heads up.

D