Note to New Members ×

Newbie queries

Zone

Treated my son to a Loaded Dervish for his birthday.

I'm now interested in longboarding too! So smooth!!

What would you recommend for sliding gloves? (will need eventually sliding wheels, right now just really soft grippy stuff for the flats we have in front of the house).

What angles are your feet when you're riding this ? Can you ride it at high angles like hardboots or do you ride it more softboots stance?

Treated my son to a Loaded Dervish for his birthday.

I'm now interested in longboarding too! So smooth!!

What would you recommend for sliding gloves? (will need eventually sliding wheels, right now just really soft grippy stuff for the flats we have in front of the house).

What angles are your feet when you're riding this ? Can you ride it at high angles like hardboots or do you ride it more softboots stance?

Uhmw plastic works well for slide pucks. I just made my own with tighter fitting work gloves.

Stance depends on riding type for me. Slalom calls for higher angles. Freeriding is low angles. Speedboarding is higher angle in rear than front. You just need to ride, and will see what is comfortable for you.

I've only ever given thought to slalom angles- toes and heels kill cones if they stick out.

Oh, and go browse silverfishlongboarding.com for further research.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a total newb also, I have a set of the Landyachtz slide gloves. Super comfy and look very well made. I can't say much else at the moment, as I haven't actually used them yet for sliding.

Please get in touch with me at youngmrtbury at att dot net

As you probably know, I'm in Raleigh.

cheers

BB

I'm a total newb also, I have a set of the Landyachtz slide gloves. Super comfy and look very well made. I can't say much else at the moment, as I haven't actually used them yet for sliding.

Please get in touch with me at youngmrtbury at att dot net

As you probably know, I'm in Raleigh.

cheers

BB

meh, this is kind of an old thread, but FWIW:

this video is great. Don't buy slide gloves - so much better to make them, trust me. Once you make a pair or 2 you will know what you need and where you need it, in terms of puck placement and size.

I bought a pack of white plastic cutting boards (1/2" thick) from target for $10. Unless you are constantly doing long, drawn out super-man slides, these will last a while :biggthump