Note to New Members ×

Coiler VSR 180

2Curious

Took my brand spanking new Coiler VSR 180 M+ out yesterday on a bluebird day on chopped up groomers.

Specs: VSR 180, M+ (14 m sidecut), "turbo" model (full carbon overlay), 19 cm waist.

Holy cow. Felt like I was riding on a stiff stick of butter all day. Never felt such a smooth ride in my whole life.

The tip and tail decamber works wonders... makes the board insanely forgiving and skiddable if necessary when not tipped on edge. On edge feels glued to the snow. There's much more grip than I can handle. Transitions are smooth as silk. So easy to initiate turns as well.

I felt my riding improving all day as I gained confidence. What an amazing board. Can't be happier! :biggthump

Took my brand spanking new Coiler VSR 180 M+ out yesterday on a bluebird day on chopped up groomers.

I felt my riding improving all day as I gained confidence. What an amazing board. Can't be happier! :biggthump

This is great to hear Sam. So, it was chopped up because you stayed late NOT because you arrived LATE right!!!:eplus2::eek:

It might just need a 250 pounder to soften her up for you a bit ?? :freak3:

This is great news. Glad you are stoked!!!

PS. Did you manage to keep the yea whos off the tail and or banging your sidewalls on the chair?? :angryfire You thought I was fussy right!!! :D

Would love to claim that it was because I stayed late, but alas, was not the case.

I was planning initially on coming up by myself but actually took the wife and kids with me, which resulted in the inevitable delay.

Got on chair at about 10:30 am. Not too bad really. And really, not THAT tracked out. Just a little.

Would be more than willing to let you have a go if you'd like Bryan... can I try one of your Tinklers? :eplus2: I think you'd like it, the best word I can come up with is it feels FLUID, effortless and easy, whether you're starting into a turn or transitioning from edge to edge. Maybe not as bulletproof and damp as a Tinkler, but really enjoyable. Actually, I'm SURE it's not as damp, I tried that trick that Mike does with his board where he just tucks it in his arm and then hits it on his hip to see how quick the vibrations disappear and it's not even close to his boards, but definitely more damp than my previous Coiler AM.

And yeah, tried to avoid the yeah hoos, but still got a little topsheet scratch. Don't even know where that came from. Plus a skier just f**king cut me off while I was WALKING with my board and clipped it, but I didn't see any damage... lucky for him, would've beat his ass down with it if he did.

That is why I was so agressive about getting you on Bomber Trench Diggers!!!!!!!!! Makes it easy to swap top plates and go!!

Even Mike has been riding them lately. It will make things MUCH easier.

Glad you had a great time.

Hopefully we will get to ride again soon.

Currently I am very short of time and in a real squeeze play.

Later. Bryan