Note to New Members ×

Any SG Soul Riders Out There?

scrapster

Picked up a little 159 SG Soul at the start of the season--mostly for softer snow conditions. I had heard that it might be able to handle flexier plates with a lighter rider at the controls, even though it was designed as a softie board. Anyone know if this is true? It seems pretty soft when I flex it by hand, at least compared to my alpine boards. Although I wanted to be solely on hardboots this year, I also don't want to break this thing. She's a looker. :1luvu:Luckily I saved my softie set-up. I guess I don't mind using that stuff for what is, essentially, my dedicated powder board.

Lack of reinforcement under the bindings for hardboots is a bigger concern than a softer flex IMHO. That is, assuming the flex fits your riding style and snow conditions.

The Cult was intended to be ridden with HB so that was probably at least considered a possibly on the Soul.

You could always just send an email to SG Snowboards and ask them. I did that once and Sigi actually replied (at least someone saying they were Sigi at SG).