Note to New Members ×

Strange things on youtube....

shawndoggy

So I haven't posted a legit carving video on youtube in almost two years (owing to me not spending much time at a carving-friendly resort last year). Anyway, back in spring of 2009 I posted a couple of videos with the gopro facing forward. They were terrible because the camera gets packed with snow.

However, in the past several months they've taken off and both have more hits than any of my other vids. Very weird!

This is now my "top viewed" video. Its excruciating! I can't even stand to watch it because of the audio.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Te24hzRUGI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Te24hzRUGI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is now my "top viewed" video. Its excruciating! I can't even stand to watch it because of the audio.

What would be a very interesting project would be to record different board constructions on different types of snow. It might be possible to figure out how well a board will hold an edge on ice, or hero, just from the sound it makes.

What would be a very interesting project would be to record different board constructions on different types of snow. It might be possible to figure out how well a board will hold an edge on ice, or hero, just from the sound it makes.

Oh that that were the sound that's being recorded. In reality its the sound of the gopro camera bouncing around in its plastic waterproof case.