Note to New Members ×

loose bindings

SoCalBoarder

I have Sno Pro bindings that have loose toe and heel risers (the parts the boots sit on). The riser wiggles side to side slightly, and I've tried adjusting the size so they slide in & out hoping something might get back on track, it didn't. I attached a picture...the bindings are on the orange board (obviously). Any ideas if it's fixable?

post-9909-141842327591_thumb.jpg

For starters, I can not figure, from the pic, are those the Snowpro Race or Base/Force bindings? The 1st model has aluminum plate with with toe/heel blocks attached to it by 4 screws each. The 2nd model has plastic base with toe/heel blocks sliding directly over it.

In the 2nd one, I don't think you can do much... With the Race model, I would first check the tightness of 4 screws under each block. If that's tight, I wouldn't worry much about it. You could tighten the length adjustor a bit to minimise the wiggle. If everything is tight and movement is still a lot, either deal with it or replace the bindings...

Is this a Generics Sl, older generation? Those are sweet fboards. Better then FPs of the same vintage.

they say "S-Race" on the front, and the base appears to be aluminum. So I should take them off & look at the screws under the blocks? I've tried tightening the length & it still wiggles.

The orange board is a Nitro GT Racing...its older, but mint condition minus the stickers I covered it in.

No need to take the bindings off. Use the length adjuster bolt to move the toe/heel blocks all the way, that would reveal 2 screws, tighten those, then move the block all the way other way, to reveal the other 2 screws (4 screws per block).

Mind you, if that "S" stands for Small, there might be only 2 screws per block...

I tightened the screws at room temp, but I don't think it's the screws that are loose. I got all the blocks to be tight but one by messing with the length adjustment screw. The front block on the rear binding wiggles side to side as if it is off track. It's only the top gray sliding piece that wiggles. Any other ideas or are they trash?

I tightened the screws at room temp, but I don't think it's the screws that are loose. I got all the blocks to be tight but one by messing with the length adjustment screw. The front block on the rear binding wiggles side to side as if it is off track. It's only the top gray sliding piece that wiggles. Any other ideas or are they trash?

Mine wiggles a little. They are not rock solid, they have some flex.

It sounds like slightly worn sliding groves... Probably still rideable, but keep an eye on it. Use it as the rear binding.

Another thing you should check on it:

Dissemble that particular block from the base, then dissemble the block itself (pull the red part appart). Check that the hole, where the guide pin sits, is not worn out or damaged. If yes, do not ride them any more.

If all fine, re-assemble very carefully, that everything lines up and fits the way it should be.