Note to New Members ×

Funny Burton stash

AJCdice

For anyone that collects or cares about old Burton alpine boards:

I was shopping at the Wrentham Village outlets here in Massachusetts and in the Burton store much to my surprise alongside all the new freestyle boards was a sizeable group of old PJ's, M's, Speed, etc... ranging in age and condition and pretty cheap.

If you collect these and live in NE, have a look.

ac

Thanks for the help. I have an addiction..... Now I need a support group. Two hours after reading the post above, I found myself in Mass. at the factory store handing over my mastercard in exchange for 2 leftover Speeds and a Fish..

This brings the running total to 29 boards. My girlfriend will never understand. I can't wait to mount plates to the Fish and see if it will carve!

Had to work all day and did not get a chance to call until this evening. It turns out that someone came in this morning and bought out all the Speeds? Was it you? :)

I suppose we'll see some of them here on the classifieds or on Ebay? Sounds like it was a great deal.

I may have walked out with the last two Speeds that they had. One was a 56 from '02 maybe.. The other left me wondering what the hell I bought untill I looked at the Klug site. The board was marked as a speed 65 but didn't have any topsheet graphics. Just solid black gloss finish with the usual stance and core construction notes. The base graphics have the R17 Addicted 2004... The serial #....000000002. The biggest downside to this board is that the nose is REALLY soft(compared to a 64 alp). The rest of the board seems stiffer.. I won't get a chance to ride it until after the holiday weekend.

On a side note, the sales associate tried to switch out the Fish I selected(factory second) with one from the back room already in a bag. Upon inspection the one in the bag had alot more cosmetic damage than the one I wanted.