Note to New Members ×

Whistler during Christmas week?

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah Prior is there. I will be in Whistler between the 28th and the 2nd, and Chris has offered plant tours anytime between 8:30 and 5pm which would be pretty neat to check out (check the website for the address and phone number)...plus they also offer some demo boards for only $25/day.

www.priorsnowboards.com

-Gord

• 2 weeks later...

So I got back from Whistler last week to spend New Years in Mammoth.

It’s really sad to see that some resorts still need snow (lots), and others just get to much all at once.

Whistler was a bit disappointing in terms of conditions… pretty icy and many rocks are just not covered yet. Pretty narrow runs… good for the racing style, not the best for laid out carves. At least the runs I tried…

The locals said this has been the least snow in the last 10 years or so…

I went to FanaticCo and met Scott, a local racer and Chris Prior as well… pretty cool.

So after I got back to CA we drove up to Mammoth… GEEEEZ! Almost the entire mountain was closed due to the storm, just some beginner runs open… MM reported 90 inches up to yesterday and snow to come for the rest of the week…

395 was closed in both directions for a while, so I had to take chances and leave Sat eve. Heard that Sunday the 395 was closed again as well?

I mean, I just want to carve… I don’t need all that snows… send it to the resorts that need it!

Thursday I will go back to Whistler for four more days (my wife just loves the town)… hope it will be better this time.

Anyone up there ?

Ray

Thanks for the picture of me Phil. I wish the snow was a bit better in that spot for the pic.

Thanks for not posting my weak toesides......

Just in the com room warming my toes and checking things out on BOL

The grooming rocks today, btw,

Hope to catch you on the hill.

GLC at 1530 for beers.?

Dave* on the 185 F prime

phil...what is it you do that you travel so much.

I have to confess that I'm currently unemployed. Seriously I need to get my finger out and find a job before the cash runs out!

SWEET photo...can really feel the speed.

He wasn't hanging about. I think Dave* was the fastest I saw on the hill. Unfortunately the light wasn't that good.

Dave* : Sorry I lost you on Thursday.... I couldn't figure out if you were ahead or behind. Anyway, I hope the rest of the season goes ok... I'm back in the land of plastic ski slopes for now... ;-)