Note to New Members ×

Information on cutting a used snowboard down for a long skateboard

skyjump

I remember seeing a post on here from a few weeks back by someone who took a red used snowboard and cut it down to make a long board (skate board) for their son. I have some older boards that I want to do this on for my children. Trying to find the post and the poster to get some advice on how to best cut the board, clean up the edges and mount the trucks.

I have searched the forum and cannot find the post again.

If the person who posts this sees it please shoot me an email. If anyone else knows where that post is and can find the posters user name please let me know. It was in the for sale forum under a listing of boards. Very coold cut- red board with white and black pattern in the center of the board. Thanks

attachment.php?attachmentid=18160&stc=1&d=1254290458

attachment.php?attachmentid=18161&stc=1&d=1254290467

I used the front part of the board to utilise the upturn of the nose as built in wedging for the front truck. I DO NOT recommend it for a kid heavier then 40 lbs, as it is too flexy. Otherwise, use only the middle, thick, portion of the snowboard.

For sutting I used the angle grinder (a must through the edges) and jig saw. Also dull the edges with the grinder.