Note to New Members ×

Wanted: Junior Boards

khave

If you don't have any luck give Instant Replay a call. It's a used sporting goods consignment shop in Pittsfield, MA. She's had a bunch of smaller alpine boards (all Burton I think) for a while that were dropped off by a junior racer. The number there is : 413-442-2429. The owner isn't too knowledgeable about them but very nice and helpful....I'm sure she'd send you pictures.

Good luck.

khave:

Do you ever snowboard in MN?

Maybe we'll bump into each other.

To answer your original question.

Yes. The board brand "SG" (for Sigi Grabner) does currently produce alpine boards for junior rider in both a 125cm and a 140cm length. Bomber had a few in stock at the beginning of the year.

At past nationals competitions, I have seen some smaller boards from, I belive, Donek, Prior, and Coiler - these would all be custom orders - not off-the-shelf.

Our team has a few riders on the old Burton 135 boards. They are pretty rare - so I wouldn't hold your breath trying to find one.

Donek snowboards has a "Pilot" series that is proving to work well with some of our younger riders. Currently have an 11 and 14 year old riders on the Pilot 152 and 168 for GS. Talking with Sean earlier this year, he may consider a run of the smaller boards next year, if there is any interest.

We also bought a couple used boards from Stacia this year.

Remember, it isn't the gear that make the rider.

Most riders I see who are looking for that size board are not what I would consider "ready" for an alpine board.

Make sure your little ripper is riding/carving strong with their freestyle gear first as having a strong foundation is important.