Note to New Members ×

Carve Magazine from Japan 2010

Miltie

Carve Magazine for the 2010/2011 season was issued last week. The rider on the cover with the yellow helmet is on Japan spec (gold color) TD3s. :biggthump

Contents this year are as follows:

Winter Olympics review has nice interview with Jasey-Jay and others, Article – North to the Future about riding in Aomori area pf Japan, Article about travel for snowboarding in New Zealand, Gear Catalog with specs, “Carve” stickers, Pro Snowboard Asia and Japan Snowboard Association summary from last season including rider profiles, Shop Guide, How To guide featuring Sigi – short turns and long turns, Physical Training info, Article - Intro to SBX including half page on Shaun Palmer, Photo sections with historical Carving photos. Overall pretty nice magazine. Lots of ads for Japanese gear vendors including Wintertree who is the Bomber distributor – Nice coverage for Fin! Cool stuff!

Will be sending Fin a copy for the Bomber Shop.

Some scans below. Note: M-Flex in advertisement is not a Bomber product.

post-365-141842326078_thumb.jpg

post-365-141842326081_thumb.jpg

If any of you guys in Japan would be willing to take the trouble to mail me one, I'd certainly be interested and appreciative. I figure that postage by Economy Airmail (SAL) should be less than 600 yen if mailed in an unsealed clasp envelope secured only by those wrap-around string closures. Anyhow, I'd gladly remit USD 30-35? in advance, plus "I owe you one..." privileges. PM me via my profile please.

No problem.

Silver's has already arrived and l'm picking it up today. l will order another two because Big Canuck wants one, too. l'm coming home to Calgary next month so if you want to wait until then you can save a bit on shipping.

l can also pick up previous issues.... maybe up to 5 or 6 yeas back.