Note to New Members ×

Learning to teach carving

Ian M

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on Ian! Well done.

I didn't go for the early season L3, didn't feel fit enough and registration filled in quickly... Probably a mistake, as it might be quite some time before the stars align again...

I wish you all the best in your teaching efforts.

First time in a very long time (maybe even ever!) I had a student from my class taken down by ski patrol. There were three kids in the class (twin sisters and their younger brother.... girls were 16 or 17, boy maybe 14). This was their 3rd day / 3rd lesson. The girls really didn't like toe side at all and mostly got down the green run on a heel-side falling leaf. I forced them to try a bit on the toe-side and I'm not sure exactly what happened cause I didn't see it, but I guess her body went one way and her board went the other and she twisted her knee. She's probably fine, but I didn't want to risk it by having her ride the rest of the way down. I love the question in the incident report of what (or if) I should have done differently to prevent the injury. UGH! I know it wasn't anything that I did... it was our second time down the same run in that lesson, but I still kinda feel bad about it all.