Note to New Members ×

looking for a board

Guest tomc

Hey gang, I am new here, and hope to be new to riding

a freecarve board but I need some help. I am an adaptive skier

and use one of those sitdown skis called a sitski and also a mono-ski. Well here is the deal. I love to carve with it but I have taken

it as far over as I can with a ski. Now I drag my seat and lose my edge and things get ugly. I am thinking a freecarve board will give

me a better deal all around. Stronger edge grip,getting over more with out "booting out". Mounting this board to my sit ski is a trick in it's self, so for in a sense this is an expairment for me. That being said, I can not afford to drop a lot of cash on a board that might not work out. Doen any one have a used freecarve board

in the quiver that they are willing to part with. I am lookign for something as narrow in the waist as I can get like 18cm and in the 160's to low 170's in length. you can see some of what I do here: www.sitski.com/2004/video

check out carvinghunter.wmv

Thanks to all and have a great and save season

TomC

Guest burtonboy5

I have a burton speed up for sale, I have not posted it yet and if you are serious then i will not post, the board is in the 60's. let me know if you want anymore info. The board has a few minor cosmetic dings. Base is perfect. The board will lay out long slow carves, or it will carve as fast as you can handle.

>pat

Hey D

the wider board will also put a lot more load in the inserts and binding system. the the edge to edge transition get a little

harsh. I rode a regular free style board with my mono and did not like it much. I would like to start with the narrowest board and maybe work up. I feel a narrow board will be a smoother transition from a ski.

Thanks man

Cool. I've heard around that NY has some good slopes. I'm in the southeast and have just been going to WV (hardpack city). Maybe I can convince my snowboard buddies this year the longer drive to NY or VM would be worth it.

FYI Deeper south is not the place to live if you like snowboarding lol, unless you like NC ice. :rolleyes:

NY has it's share of boiler plate.

Well that's what edges are for. When I get my planks tuned

I tell them as sharp as you can, I want to be able to shave with my edges. AND NO DETUNING! I don't mind ice anymore. And when I have a good edge I look for the blue stuff.

I know a few sitskiers in WV.

Brandi, and Brett. So if you see a hot red head that's Brandi, say Hi for me, you can say hi to Brett too. :)

Yeah man, if you talk your buddys into hitting NY or VT let me know. You can stop off for a day in NY on the way to VT.

Windham has some good crusers for carving it up.

Hunter has some too but not as wide, a little more hard core.

T