Note to New Members ×

Some naiive questions on gear acquired. Help please!

AussieCarver

Hi Keyser Soze,

I was all over that liner site like a rash, but it still requires a healthy dose of cash. My liners are great except for the bit at the back on the achilles, and even then it's only after a full day on the hill. I'm going to try and clamp them out and see if I can't 'ease' them into a more forgiving shape by the time winter rolls around again!

Otherwise, I'm sending off for some of those intuition beasts. They look great!

On this subject, my Pumpkin Deeluxe boots are 28.5 (at least, that's what's printed on the top cuff inside), and they fit snug.

However... I measured my foot (heel against the wall and draw a line on some paper etc etc) and it's 27cm long.

So what Mondo size am I? 27 or 28.5?

See, it would be nice to know as I can see some cheap moldable liners at Sierra trading and if I get the wrong ones I'll be ... well, you know what I'll be.

Any thoughts guys?

On this subject, my Pumpkin Deeluxe boots are 28.5 (at least, that's what's printed on the top cuff inside), and they fit snug.

However... I measured my foot (heel against the wall and draw a line on some paper etc etc) and it's 27cm long.

So what Mondo size am I? 27 or 28.5?

See, it would be nice to know as I can see some cheap moldable liners at Sierra trading and if I get the wrong ones I'll be ... well, you know what I'll be.

Any thoughts guys?

You are mondo 27.

To find out the size of your boots, please consult the following page:

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/Identifying_boots.cfm

Basically, you'll want the reading between 27 to 27.9 on the lower assembly of the boots, as shown on the picture. I am mondo 25.5 and the lower shell reads 25.5 (which is size 25, BTW).

Another rule of thumb is to insert your foot into the the boot without the liner. If the difference between the length of the boot and your foot is one-and-half finger or smaller, then you're ok.

Please have a look at the following page for more info on this:

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/Sizing_boots.pdf

Hope this helps ;)

mmm thanks for that... but my boots definitely say 28.5 on the bottom of the shell and they're snug as a bug, so go figure. Oh well, they're comfortable and that's the main thing.

My BTS system and my FinTec step in heels arrived today. Really excited and immediately installed the items.

5135609610_b6a54e4bc0.jpg

Jeez eh? They look serious now! If only we had snow:(

I don't really know what I'm supposed to do with the spring adjustment at the back, but I'll read up here on the site. Any hints would be useful!

The step in heels work a treat with the cable pull and I can see these making life so good on the slopes. I do have one query though. When the heels are in, there is a couple of millimetres 'play' in the heel area. It's only a little bit, but they jiggle around in the cradle at the back. Is this normal? Should I put the cradle in a vice and squeeze it in a bit? Some advice here would be good too. Here's a couple of pics of the amount of gap in the cradle and the heel to show you how much I'm talking about:

5135011323_063422fdf2.jpg

5135609258_08108e88f5.jpg