Note to New Members ×

Travelling to and Staying in Telluride

Apex Insider

I'm planning to visit for the World Cup event on December 15-20. I started booking Denver then realized it's a 7 hour drive.

I guess Montrose is the way to go but what's that 1.5 hour drive like? In winter? Any chance of it closing? Do I need to rent an SUV?

Also, can anyone suggest a hotel that's convenient to the mountain and the race venue? Where exactly do they hold the race? Mountain Village or closer to town?

hey there,

5 great carvers lives close to Telluride. Post it in CO thread they might give you good info. I went there last year and have to say love it.

I did fly to Montrose from NY, easy cake. No problems. Roads where great.

From there I took Telluride Express ( about 50$), as far as I remember they have 2 pick up's a day from the airport, or TELLURIDES rides@tellurides.com 970 325 7995, ( great service).

Town is small and its free gondola to the Village. You don't need any car.

It takes like 10 min to get to Village. And hotels and food in town are a bit cheaper. I stayed in cool place block away from gondola The Victorian Inn

( 800.611.9893, 970.728.6601), via Expedia I payed 125$ per night but its more options out there ($).

Driving to Telluride from Denver in the winter would be a nightmare. It's really far, and you have to go way around to get there because all of the cool mountain passes are closed.

It's a great place to be, and I think Bomber will be there too so make sure you come by and say hello!