Note to New Members ×

Delta and Frontier exit Aspen - United only airliner $$

Pat Donnelly

I barely made it out of Aspen my first year at SES on account of various animal farts.

For those of you that have done this before - is it worth the effort to spend a few days riding in Vail after you land in Eagle (and before the session) before heading down to Aspen ... if for no other reason than variety? Or are you better off just heading straight to Aspen? Any advice on doing that?

• 2 weeks later...
I barely made it out of Aspen my first year at SES on account of various animal farts.

For those of you that have done this before - is it worth the effort to spend a few days riding in Vail after you land in Eagle (and before the session) before heading down to Aspen ... if for no other reason than variety? Or are you better off just heading straight to Aspen? Any advice on doing that?

Most of the guys who fly into Eagle come straight out to Aspen. Vail gets crowded, and Aspen doesn't...so why miss out on the Sesh if you aren't on a 12 day vaca. I don't know any who go back to ride at Vail/BC before the session (some after if they're heading all the way to Denver). Eagle/Vail is actually like an hour west of Vail, so you'd have to back track to go ride there instead of saving yourself the hour cut off for the drive to Aspen. If you're going to try Vail, go to Beaver Creek instead though :biggthump

So Sweet Pea.... Living in Aspen now, awesome, good for you... I'll be there for new years so defo should meet up !!

Yes, living here in Aspen! Definitely let us (i.e. Jim and I) know when you're here for New Year's and we'll go paint the town (and the slopes)!

Most of the guys who fly into Eagle come straight out to Aspen. Vail gets crowded, and Aspen doesn't...so why miss out on the Sesh if you aren't on a 12 day vaca. I don't know any who go back to ride at Vail/BC before the session (some after if they're heading all the way to Denver). Eagle/Vail is actually like an hour west of Vail, so you'd have to back track to go ride there instead of saving yourself the hour cut off for the drive to Aspen. If you're going to try Vail, go to Beaver Creek instead though :biggthump

Thanks Angie! I thought it might be interesting to come a few days early/leave a few days late to check out some other places but yeah ... I'm coming for the Session primarily, and anything else is just icing on the cake. ... probably a lot less work in terms of planning to just head straight for Aspen anyhow. I'm trying to convince a few more people to come with this year - maybe convert a few more over to the dark side!!

PS: You must have been Mother Theresa in a past life to end up living in Aspen! I'm green with envy.