Note to New Members ×

Seismic trucks?

BlueB

Slalom gurus, does anyone race on Seismics trucks? Pros/cons?

I tend to like my 130/30 a lot...

The springs' color ratings seemed to change over the years. I found some answers on the stiffness rating - see below.

______

On the side note, if someone wanted to get rid of a 105/30, or 130/30, I'd like to buy. Even if it's a pair, we can talk... Prefered stiffness: Light or Medium.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's an old thread/post but i'll put in my experience with them. The motion is definitely different compared to bushings. One annoying thing is that they can get squeeky, so don't get them wet because even dry they squeek a bit sometimes.

They're actually quite grippy for a rear truck, but take soem getting accustomed to. The other nice thing is that they're consistent in all weather. You'll notice your bushings "change" stiffness along with the weather, cold = harder, and hot = softer.

As a front truck even in *45, I would avoid it unless you're doing some sort of carving, then they're ok. They lack the range of motion and fluid tic-tac to be used for pumping.

Springs are nice and very adjustable, and once again, consistent as you change springs, but it also means that while you have a lot of options, you're also very limited in options - compared to the many many bushing shapes, duros, and manufacturers.

• 1 month later...

I definitelly like mine as the rear truck! It seems that I'm constantly faster on them, slalom and flatland pumping, both. In stabillity department, I still can't decide between Seismic and Splitfire, though...

The only downside I noticed is when I wan't to change the line/rhytm or make a big fast sweeping turn - the rebound wants to kick in mid turn, so I kinda end up double pumping.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I tried substituting the front Bennett with Seismic 105/45/white. Additional wedging was 10* and 15*. While the rebound was supperior to normal bushing truck, I'm not sure it's ideal for slalom or pumping... Range of motion is somewhat limited. Also, with wedging, the springs get into almost horizontal position, preventing the direct downward pressure, thus acting stiffer then one would expect from the whites - softest available... Or, I need to pair them with something stiffer then reds in the back and work harder ;) Or, less wedging...