Note to New Members ×

Toronto Area Carvers

ARCrider

Going to Dave at yyzcanuck will save you a lot of time and trouble.

As far as I know, there is one retail shop in all of Toronto that carries alpine gear - Sign of the Skier on Yonge St. Even then, it's a very limited selection.

I got my Raichles two years ago from Skiis and Bikes but they were the absolute last pair in the store. I talked to them this week and the store mgr in Mississauga has no intention of re-stocking alpine gear. He says it took him years to get rid of the stuff he used to carry.

Not anymore. Not one of those shops you mention carry alpine gear. Last time I was in Hogtown (a year ago at least), they had a couple of old Burton boards but they were asking new prices for 3-4 year old product.

Sporting Life used to carry Burton hard boots but not after Burton dropped alpine.

Guest Kirby carver

arcrider-

Call James Bell (Boot Fitter) @ (416)485-1685 ext.440. He did a group info session for us last year at Skyloft and he knows his stuff. I would start there. PM me if you want to know more.

Guest Kirby carver

Sorry, I should have read the entire thread before replying. I didn't notice you've got an appt with the 'master'. Must be Cam. I met him at Sunshine a couple of years ago when he was fitting the national ski team. I remember he would would use a black magic marker to circle 'trouble spots' on their feet while we were having buffet lunch in the chalet. How appetizing!