Note to New Members ×

Mt. High Slalom Nov. 19

gawdzira

Gawdzira, registration is 3:30 to 5:00 with racing beginning at 6:00. The run that they will be using for the course is "Conquest". Membership is $50.00 annual. Hopefully we will get some more snow before then or have cooler temps along with some Santa Anas so they can blow some snow. I haven't been up personally but from who I talked with things are starting to get marginal at Mt. High and also Big Bear.

Guest rick ferguson

First day on the snow this season and doing a race? Just hand that entry fee to the event staff and freeride the rest of the day, If you don't know the venue, why enter the event. If we told you it was steep and gnarly, would you do it? Does it matter? You either do it or you don't, your the one making the choice , not us! And ya , races do start early from the people I've known that race, why race when the temps make the coarse slush, and think about all the qualifiying that takes place, can't push everyone thru in a 3 hour window!:) That's like me entering the boston marathon and asking the public , can I train before it starts! Do the research! Doesn't the asasa have a web site and info posting starting times and locations? I'm sure they do , or the mountain that is hosting the race would know, duh!

Guest rick ferguson

d-sub, I like your style as well, I just call it as I see it! I don't mean to offend , but some REALLY need to check themself's. Yaking it up is fine, but the common sense that is lacking on some of these post is enough to drive ya crazy! I've learned a lot and I feel that I've given fair advise as well, but some just go so overboard that the gloves have to come off and give them a bitch slap of reality. I'm aware that this post may get me booted by the higher power's , but I think that some post warrant the hard line of things. I'm not the best , nor am I the worst, but I do know that when I post I've done some thinking on the subject "PRIOR" to texting. I'll be the fist to bow down when I'm wrong or have been corrected , but the preservation of this sport needs more common sense. No need to scare newbies into thinking it's a complicated thing, such as waxing your board 15 plus times before it hit's the snow!. Long live CMC, where ever you are!

I wasnt talking about your comments in the waxing thread...and this one wasnt so severe either, but in your short time here you've come off pretty abrasively and I dont see the point. Youre probably not a "jerk" in "real life" so why try to be one online?

there are plenty of ways to say what you want to say without sounding like an *******.

that said...I highly doubt anyones gonna try to ban you. Youve got a LONG way to go before you can fill CMC or Bordy's shoes:)

Hell I havent even been here that long, and I have WAY too much free time, but I've seen some caca fly from those two dudes fingers big time! and theyre both quite knowledgeable and excellent riders, too!

doesnt mean they should belittle people.

Guest Randy S.

I say go ride the race. What's the worst that could happen? You crash? Big deal. You don't win? Who cares? Hopefully USASA down there runs a tighter ship than in north tahoe. Our races up here never start on time and are almost always run at lame hills (Donner Ski Ranch and Boreal). There is one race at Northstar this year. I may go to that one.

Next year USASA Nationals will be at Northstar. I'll definitely attend some races next year to try to qualify for Nationals.

I posted a question about snow sticking to the heel of the boots and not allowing me to "step in" to my step ins. I converted over from standard bindings during the summer and this was my first trip out, I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this and this is the reply I received from Mr. Ferguson:

rick ferguson

Get over it, simply scrap your heels on your bindings or stomp pad, no big deal! step in or not , the same snow sticks to all heels! Was this really worth a posting? Pussy!!!!

If we were friends I wouldn't mind a little good natured ribbing but I have never met this guy and going by his posts, not sure if I ever want to

Randy, I have to agree with Dsub on the second photo.

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by D-Sub

randy...youre gonna have to get some new ones.

and the second one is kinda fcked up really when you think about it?

I know. The second one is funny at first, then you realize its kind of cruel. Sort of fits with the thread though.

Disregard Rick. He's a nice guy he just has no e-manners. I suffer the problem of a lack of filter between my brain and my mouth sometimes. However, usually the filter kicks in before the words get typed so I'm relatively safe. I also learned a long time ago that sarcasm rarely works in type.

I must admit that the first thought that crossed my mind about the snow sticking to boots was "do we really need a thread about this?" Then I wrote it off to the lack of snow in most parts of the country and the fact that we're all chomping at the bit to ride.