Note to New Members ×

sliding Q's

Arclite

Sooooooo I'm getting into tech sliding and stuff.

For heelsides - grab the board, or don't?

I've done both, grab the board over my back leg, and not grab the board at all.

Which is better?

Some people say not to grab the board at all

For toesides - 360 help!

My toesides always stop at 180*

How do I turn them into 360's?

Very curious to read others' replies. I can only comment on heelside slides -- I believe that grabbing the board is called "stinkbug". I notice that if I grab the board then I cannot rotate my hips forward as much -- so I try to keep the hand forward and pointing where I want to go. I have a theory that when going fast enough swinging the hand back will turn my slide into a "pendulum" and bring me back forward, but it's just a theory.

tom.

Very curious to read others' replies. I can only comment on heelside slides -- I believe that grabbing the board is called "stinkbug"....

tom.

"Stinkbug" is when you grab the board in between your knees. You're supposed to grab outside of the rear leg's knee. Other than that, I can't help with anything else.

"Stinkbug" is when you grab the board in between your knees. You're supposed to grab outside of the rear leg's knee. Other than that, I can't help with anything else.

hehehe.... I have a messed up wrist from stink bugging at 40 mph.

I learned the hard way.

some things I will say,

invest in a few sets of (relatively) inexpensive throw away wheels Gravity Drifters or Venom Sidewinders for instance,

Pad up being able to take a fall and not get hurt will improve your learning curve

and lastly slow down slide wheels feel like Ice when you first start out and it takes a while to get used to

and lastly slow down slide wheels feel like Ice when you first start out and it takes a while to get used to

I found that out a month ago. haha.

I'm used to them now, im controlling my slides, getting a 25-foot shut down is common for me right now.

But what about throwing in a 360?

When ever i try to spin more than 180, it always stops at 180.

anyone?

But what about throwing in a 360?

When ever i try to spin more than 180, it always stops at 180.

anyone?

I can't do them with a softwheel slide, my tech slide 260's are ugly or standup's but the principle is the same you need to shift your weight. you are stopping at 180 because that's where you are weighting the board shift forward and initiate the second 180.....then worry about smoothly linking them later

I can't do them with a softwheel slide, my tech slide 260's are ugly or standup's but the principle is the same you need to shift your weight. you are stopping at 180 because that's where you are weighting the board shift forward and initiate the second 180.....then worry about smoothly linking them later

Well what I can do, is do a 180 toeside, then a 180 heelside switch to finish it, but that's not a full 360 toeside.

I'm confused, becuase (are you reg or goofy?) I'm not sure about hand placement for my second 180.

Because then i'd be riding fakie (not switch)

Well what I can do, is do a 180 toeside, then a 180 heelside switch to finish it, but that's not a full 360 toeside.

I'm confused, becuase (are you reg or goofy?) I'm not sure about hand placement for my second 180.

Because then i'd be riding fakie (not switch)

Regular; I only do toesides slides with my rear hand heelside on the other hand depends on what I'm doing I can slide with either, though if I'm going fast its usually my front hand

okay...

well i'm still confused on the second half of the 360.

because instead of riding regular, im riding fakie during the second half.

im just all around confused in hand placement and movement.

because you're on the opposite side...

I was outside tech sliding on the hill next to the house.... Toeside rear hand down, got through the first 180 and put my new rear hand down (what was my front hand) to guide me through the second 180, it works for me but half the time I barely have my hand down for the second 180...just skate and see what works for you

I was outside tech sliding on the hill next to the house.... Toeside rear hand down, got through the first 180 and put my new rear hand down (what was my front hand) to guide me through the second 180, it works for me but half the time I barely have my hand down for the second 180...just skate and see what works for you

are you talking about doing two toeside 180s?

like doing this?

-)

(-

are you talking about doing two toeside 180s?

like doing this?

-)

(-

nope toeside 180, followed by a fakie heelside 180 sucking the board under me so I can be over the board and easily put my hand down is the key to making the trick

nope toeside 180, followed by a fakie heelside 180 sucking the board under me so I can be over the board and easily put my hand down is the key to making the trick

I don't want to do a heelside though

i want to stay in my toeside position through the whole thing.

i've seen people do it before.

it's the slide where you look like you're doing a push up

I don't want to do a heelside though

i want to stay in my toeside position through the whole thing.

i've seen people do it before.

it's the slide where you look like you're doing a push up

thats not a 360 that's a flat spin, and I really suck at those

• 4 weeks later...