Note to New Members ×

White Kesslers - anyone knows Japanese?

WinterGold

Besides the silver and the black model there will also be a white model from Kessler for next year. These are customs and not the production models.

Here is the link -

http://www.k-snow.com/kessler/products/index.html

Under this link you also find a pdf of the Kessler Custom catalog -

http://www.k-snow.com/kessler/products/kessler_2010_catalog.pdf

I don´t know any Japanese, but it seems that there are different figures for the different models concerning dampening (vibrational absorption) and ice grip.

They also mention that the white line is made for a more direct line in racing - a different sidecut?

Can anyone translate the catalog? Or any further information on this?

Google translation looks to be quite readable:

White Model

The latest model, custom snowboard KESSLER WHITE model. In addition to the traditional silver model performance by the top sheet pasted on the white sheet structure and heartwood brand new, more effective vibration absorption edge grip UP and greatly improved. Shape of the curve for the conventional side, between the arc and turn black model with silver model, but more directly aimed at the pole can be accelerated at the turn arc different turn. If you get on the silver model, these effects can be expected, those who aim to recommend the fastest ride in comfort.

If you want to take the fastest line sliding

If you want good results in cross-competition

For increased stability and edge grip in white sheet effects, compared with about 30% silver and UP run, turn by arc length and the vertical shape of a little traditional, and a variety of arc to turn to more direct aim at the pole You can make a turn while accelerating

Hey Wintergold, Dude.... you amaze me with your research on the Japanese sites.

My understanding from a local shop owner here is that the white boards have slightly less damping than the black ones along with slightly tighter sidecuts and narrower waist width depending in sidecut. Think the target is lighter riders in Japan.

Check the Spec Page below and you can see the differences in sidecut and waist.

http://www.k-snow.com/kessler/spec.html

Had a chance to see these boards in person a few weeks ago at a demo event but did not ride any due to a shoulder injury. The looked nice and many riders giving them a try. Surprising how many people are spending over 200,000 Yen (about 1,600 Euros) on Kessler and SG boards.

Will do a little more research on the white decks after my wife (expert translator) gets back from vacation in Tokyo.

Take care, Tom

@Pokkis - of course, I have used the google translation, but do you really know more now ;)

@Miltie - the Japanese are always ahead of the rest of the world :D ... and they do get a lot of "special" and "limited" stuff, because they are willing to pay the extra cash ... therefore I always keep a close eye on their market ;), as you know Tom :ices_ange ...

A translation of some points (e.g. the chart with the figures about dampening and icegrip) would be excellent!

I thought the specs were just some examples, no?

I hope we get a bit more info on "less" damp, etc. :D ...

K-Snow Japan is the distributor for Kessler Japan, as well as offering freecarving lessons and sessions.

Japan (SAJ) has an equipment pool for snowboard and ski competitors.

Competitors cant ride that product at events unless its imported to Japan.

The company has to pay annually to the Federation, and support specified high level competitors. Fine for ski and freestyle snowboard, but its quite an expensive challenge for KSNOW and other distributors because of the small numbers of boards they have to sell just to afford this, but they do it so that Japanese riders can be competitive on the world stage (3 years ago, Kessler was not in the pool). So good on Koji Sasaki, (KSNOW owner) who also runs Japan Factory snowboard team, and has an awesome snowboard school in Japan and runs freeride/freecarve sessions in New Zealand.

ps: I think its Koji Sugimoto that imports SG's. He for sure provides very cool freecarve sessions at his Japanese snowboard schools, and in NZ as well.