Note to New Members ×

bushing Q's

Arclite

So I've been thinking of getting new bushings for my boards.

Venom came out with the new 'super high rebound' bushings

Can you really feel the difference from normal venoms to the shr venoms?

Any body use the reflex bushings?

How are they?

I'm kinda not too happy with khiro, not enough response from them

They just kinda collapse, which is sometimes good, but not for all applications.

So I've been thinking of getting new bushings for my boards.

Venom came out with the new 'super high rebound' bushings

Can you really feel the difference from normal venoms to the shr venoms?

Any body use the reflex bushings?

How are they?

I'm kinda not too happy with khiro, not enough response from them

They just kinda collapse, which is sometimes good, but not for all applications.

I spent the day on a set of seafoam (88a) blue elims and can compare them directly to purple 87a elims....the SHR's feel softer at a given duro than regular venoms...I figure about one level they feel really good at speed but you get a ton of lean out of them if you push statically. I've used Reflex bushings and I like them not as much rebound as Venoms but most better than Khiro. I like Khiros for loose trucks they behave better than Reflex or Venom when they aren't snug

...by the way, YOU are not invited to our GS / Super-G / DH races in two weeks. ;)

my wife would have my head that's around the time of my anniversary....17 years, so nice as it would be I will have to beg off

So uhh

Right now on my tambien (tan tien copy) i have R-IIs 50* flipped with the stock bennett bushings on it.

It's still really tippy, but the rebound is a lot better than the khiros.

I believe they are 90a.

What should I get, venom or reflex, and what duro?

I want lots and lots of rebound

So I'd need to get like 96a?

sheeeez.

not necessarily I ride the same duro bushings I do with the regular venom formula, they feel softer but the end stability is pretty close to the same

what do you weight that you are riding 90a-93a bushings? For the record the khiro to regular Venom shift for me was a step lighter in duro. I ride mid 80's at 200lbs

not necessarily I ride the same duro bushings I do with the regular venom formula, they feel softer but the end stability is pretty close to the same

what do you weight that you are riding 90a-93a bushings? For the record the khiro to regular Venom shift for me was a step lighter in duro. I ride mid 80's at 200lbs

I'm 165 lbs but I ride hard.

I'm on a shorter wheel base now,

and i was on 87a barrels for DH (venom) (or 82a elims on bottom, 85a bitch on top)

My 90a bennett barrel bushings are too soft for my R-II's

• 1 month later...

So, im lost for bushings for my bennetts right now.

My front just doesn't feel right.

I was on a 5.0 with blue/blue elims on it.

It felt perfect, except for the fact that I wanted a 4.3 instead of a 5.0

the same bushings on the 4.3 feels totally different and just not right at all.

It feels too stiff, and the front wheels lift off the board.

I'm thinking of getting some white khiro barrels.

The other thing is that I like venoms much more than khiros, but it seems that I need softer than venom has to offer.

comments? ideas?

I used to use a modded Bennett front, with a +5 degree wedge for ts/hs and 0 degrees (flat) for gs. I found that it tends to dive and be hard to bring back even at those shallow wedge angles - with soft (75-80a) barrels it just plain felt like it was breaking. The solution for me was to place a yellow 75a stim on the bottom (board side) with a bushing cup under it - and then a standard bushing on top (kingpin nut side). The stim/cup combo keeps the truck from diving and "mushing out", which will cause you lose control and thus speed, especially on a flatter course. You want that puppy to pop back to center so you expend minimal energy transitioning to the next turn - the fat stim helps that happen. I wouldn't use a stim/elim on any other front slalom truck though - in my experience it only really works for the Bennett. I weigh 210 and didn't find it too soft. I did shave the part of the stim away where it contacted the pivot arm, as it tended to bind a little right there.

It feels too hard, not too soft.

Should I try a cone on top instead of dual elims?

The dual elims felt fine for the 5.0 so I just tried the same bushing set up for the 4.3 but I guess that doesn't always work... haha.

I get that - but with white khiros it will feel like you broke a kingpin. Seriously - try the suggested setup, it works.

I have a 79a elim and a 85a bitch on it right now... its better.

Not quite there yet though.

I'm trying to avoid buying new bushings haha.

I have orange and blue elims, blue bitches, orange khiro barrels, and the rest are in the 90a range.