Note to New Members ×

3 year old snowboarder

Loc

Find this clip on youtube

Wesley Muresan - 3 year old snowboarder - Mad Rails at Sundown

This is Sundown Mountain..... Dubuque, Iowa!! Wesley's local hill (and mine). I freqently saw him on Tuesday nights (our beer league race night) all this winter. It is really weird to see such a small kid on such a small board. He got some national TV attention when one of the network morning shows came out and did a segment on him. Great attention and he didn't have to pretend to behiding in an attic while his dad says "I think he's in the balloon!"

Got my son on a snowboard last year at 2 1/2. He could only go straight but loved it. This year he begged us to ride the lift so we took him up and he just started side slipping on heel edge. His toe side is a little weak yet and he needs to learn how to link turns. Loves to jump or ollie off of anything. He will turn 4 just before next season.

We also started our daughter at 3 1/2. She turned 5 this season and had a breakthrough year. She is just about to start linking turns and some how figured out how to spin on her own. Her Burton Chopper has a beveled base which helps make the spinning much easier than with a flat base.

Got to admit that it is totally cool watching your kids progress. I don't try too push them so hard and don't expect too much - just want them to have fun.

My wife also got back on hardboots this year so my trips up to the mountains are going to be good family time. When I move back to Huntington Beach those Mammoth runs are going to be brutal on my wallet!

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen that kid Wesley on youtube before...he is getting quite famous on you tube as a young shredder. Previously I was amazed at this one video of Shawn White as an 11 yr uber-shredder....but now the bar just keeps getting higher and higher (or maybe "lower and lower" in these cases!!).

The amazing thing about Wesley is that he shows hella good natural balance on a board...at 3!! I mean look at his stance!!! This kid looks like a miniture intermediate. What in the world is he going to be like at 14 or 15??? A shreddin' prodigy, me thinks!

The little 1 year old was cute as a button! Imagine....a 1 yr old goofy rider!!!