Note to New Members ×

PSA: Grand Targhee extends winter season!

two_ravens

NOAA is calling for a 30% chance of rain/snow for Saturday at Targhee, but Idaho Falls wx is showing mostly sunny the rest of the week - weekend, which is usually a better indicator of what the cloud cover will really be like at the Ghee.

So the dredman prediction is.... Carving days at Targhee this weekend!!

See you all at 10:00 AM at the Dream Catcher lift Saturday and Sunday.... remember that lifts are only open from 10AM - 3 PM this weekend! So pack your pockets full of Little Debbie's so you can skip lunch!!

Cheers!

:ices_ange Just finished my taxes (yeah, ok - so I procrastinated a bit) and don't have to work until 4 pm tomorrow, so I'm going to head over in the morning to check out conditions. Hey, somebody has to do it! :ices_ange

Dredman, I like your forecast - sun, good carving and abundant Little Debbies! :biggthump

Sorry I let you all down with my choice of housing. Maybe I will force you to stay there again sometime.

Yeah, like, dude, it didn't even have a sauna, or a TiVo. Well, it might have had a TiVo, I didn't look, but I know it didn't have a sauna or a mirror ball for our disco night...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3yykhbxUlo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3yykhbxUlo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Hmmm.... work on taxes or go ride? Well, even with the retched conditions that I had to put up with, I decided a bad day of riding is better than any day of taxes. :ices_ange The sun was too sunny, they groomed twice as much as the report said, and the views... well - you see what I had to deal with.

I did have more than a half dozen people ask if that was me last weekend?, did I make all those awful ruts?, where are my friends? (They'll be back on Saturday, I say. :) "oh :(," he replies.

:ices_ange

post-6122-141842313646_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842313648_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842313651_thumb.jpg

Johnasmo is in-route from Northern Montucky right now... I know the Black Chicken of Death is in... Pretty sure BigDogDave is in.... Casper???

Any other takers? This is the FINAL weekend!! $39 tickets!!

See you at the DC 1000.... Cause they will only be open from 10am - 3pm...

See you all there!!!

Glad to hear you are going to make it.

If that darn speedster/trouble maker Two Ravens (aka Black Chicken of Death" keeps giving us a bad rap with the general public and ski patrol we may have to ditch her so she does not wreck our fun.... One bad Raven could wreck it for all of us!!

I just got a confirmation from BigDogDave that he is in for sure! So 5 carvers!! Woo Hoo!!

1000 @ DC

Second to last day at Targhee for the season - we had 4 carvers turn out. A few pics from today:

Eager carvers load up their pockets with Little Debbies - lifts only run from 10-3, so no stopping for lunch!

Johnasmo, BigDogDave, Dredman & Two Ravens all smiles on the lift.

Apre carve tailgating in the parking lot with Rabbit the Wonder Dog.

post-6122-141842313688_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184231369_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842313693_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for a great finish to an awesome season! We had ice at the start, quickly softening to mush, and plenty of crowds to contend with - but we managed to get a few good carves in anyway! :)

A few pics:

1) BigDogDave & his daughter, and Two Ravens

2) Two Ravens, Dredman, Johnasmo, BigDogDave

post-6122-141842313696_thumb.jpg

post-6122-1418423137_thumb.jpg

Looks like ya'll had a great time! Fabulous pics and video. Though I noticed one thing that stands out (besides two Ravens fabulous heel side carves)...........Dredman.................your tongue is hanging out in many of the pics................is that because you were trying to wipe off the Lil Debbie snack crumbs off your face? :lol: :lol:

We have 2 more months left in our season out here at Mammoth........ya'll are welcome to come visit :)