Note to New Members ×

Dummy Downhill

Randy T.

So, was the beer keg R2D2 full of beer?....sorta as ballast?

Looks like a fun event. Spring-time on a mountain is ALWAYS a good-time. I've seen some totally whacky things!! 65 degrees and corn snow just gets people going.

Ha ha....what Dynastars were those??

Great job on the R2D2 !!!!

I took the keg to the brewery and had it filled with water, weight is key to speed which makes for a bigger jump. The funny part about that was that I had decided not to retrieve anything afterward so the next day I'm talking to the bartender at the resort and he tells me I made some people really happy by leaving the keg behind, so I mention it's full of water and he just starts laughing and says 'oh I'm not going to tell them'. :lol:

The skis were something I used to use about 20 years ago, I'm not sure what model they were.

There is a weight limit of 150 lbs. and I think I was pretty close to that.

I didn't think it would go beyond the basin but there was also a catch fence at the bottom last year which was not there this year so...:eek:

Tomorrow I'll be pond skimming in costume so watch for another fun video to come. That is if I want to let all of you see me riding in a pink skirt!