Note to New Members ×

Tinkler 180 Full System.

Arclite

So today I got a chance to ride a tinkler full system.

WOW.

what a ride!

Its very passive/aggressive.

You can ride it like a caddy, very gracefully and smooth.

It eats up the imperfections for breakfast :eplus2:

Or like a ducati, and really cranking it over and forcing it.

The edge hold is amazing, even with really crazy snow conditions. (groomed and hard underneath, and random wind-blown powder stashes on top)

It also has a ton of pop (and a lot of camber too!)

I was getting air coming out of my toeside turns :eek:

Incredibly stable, and really adjustable.

If you're having trouble keeping your heelside edge, just crank down the back heelside snow stix.

Just one half turn made all the difference.

Well worth the 2k bucks new!

I agree, great board!

I had pleasure to ride Scooby's for about 2 days last year. I don't even think he ever stepped onto that sucker?! Anyways, it's a 17.5 wide, all Texalium, fibreglass Snostix.

On steep and hard I had it at little to medium tight at the back and 0 at the front. On blue pitch and slightly softer snow, I had the tail full-on and the nose 3/4. Some of the launches were over 15ft across and downhill! Loved it! Smooth as you say. I wish I could try the carbon version of the stix...

The only draw backs were the weight and the permanent fear that someone might run into me and brake the stix, or step on them in the lift line.

So today I got a chance to ride a tinkler full system.

WOW.

what a ride!

Its very passive/aggressive.

You can ride it like a caddy, very gracefully and smooth.

It eats up the imperfections for breakfast :eplus2:

Or like a ducati, and really cranking it over and forcing it.

The edge hold is amazing, even with really crazy snow conditions. (groomed and hard underneath, and random wind-blown powder stashes on top)

It also has a ton of pop (and a lot of camber too!)

I was getting air coming out of my toeside turns :eek:

Incredibly stable, and really adjustable.

If you're having trouble keeping your heelside edge, just crank down the back heelside snow stix.

Just one half turn made all the difference.

Well worth the 2k bucks new!

Well said. I couldn't have said it better.

I agree, great board!

I had pleasure to ride Scooby's for about 2 days last year. I don't even think he ever stepped onto that sucker?! Anyways, it's a 17.5 wide, all Texalium, fibreglass Snostix.

On steep and hard I had it at little to medium tight at the back and 0 at the front. On blue pitch and slightly softer snow, I had the tail full-on and the nose 3/4. Some of the launches were over 15ft across and downhill! Loved it! Smooth as you say. I wish I could try the carbon version of the stix...

The only draw backs were the weight and the permanent fear that someone might run into me and brake the stix, or step on them in the lift line.

yeah, 17.5, full system.

really heavy, the snow just collects in all the random nooks-and-crannies on the board.

the one I rode I think was double split, full texalium, carbon butterfly plate, fiberglass stix.

I cranked the heelside nose down a bit, and the heelside tail down a lot.

for the reference, it was set up for a 180 lb rider (over 4x experience than me)

I'm 165 lbs, a big on the aggressive side (getting more and more every session ;)) and this is my second season riding.

You've seen my pics. ;)

Does a tink float for friction dampening or is it just a variable flex plate?

The snow stix provide the adjustable variable flex. You can have a Tinkler plate without them. The plate provides friction dampening and binding isolation, similar to a Vist locked in the middle, but better.

Tinkler plate is a hi-tech composite, while Vist is made of cheaper materials (still works great, though). Tinkler extends way into the nose and tail and "forks". Tinkler has more impact on the overall flex of a board then Vist. While Vist works pretty well on almost every board wider then 19.5cm, Tinkler would probably made the board not designed for it a bit too stiff (for target rider weight).