Note to New Members ×

I needs stuff

Guest sweaty_ass

Guest jeffnstefanie

I don't know anything about Krass snowboards, but I can tell you this. That web site is no better than your grammar and your spelling. My daughter is nine and she spells better than that. I don't even know where to begin the discussion about that web site. You would think that if these people are selling snowboards then they would at least have a decent picture of the board !

Guest sweaty_ass

Yes thats right ohh and by the way thanks for your criticism it is greatly appreciated ohh and have you ever made a web page with flash prob not so why don't you and your nine year old doughter go write a book with your great grammar thanks for your time *******

Flash is like neon signs in your store - used conservatively and with properly, it can add zing to your website. However often too much flash is used - and those "sick" animations take too long to load, make the viewer go through them over and over, and are rarely intuitively to navigate (like how many people know to press on the third orange dot to go to the products section?).

Krass.ca has some very obvious basic problems. First, its use only about 12% of the screen space to provide actual information. The rest is either filled with huge page headings like "Freeride Board specification", company logos, or even worse... wasted space. As a result, the information text and photos are tiny (obviously bad). The tiny layout also forced you to add another layer to your website hierachy just to display the board specs for board size (again bad) when you could have just added a single table for each model.

Second, navigation is a awkward - for instance once you go into the board specification section for a particular board type... there is no way to go back... you have to hit the BACK button and survive more Flash animation.

I could go on, but you get the idea... Flash is like using neon lights on your store... if used conservatively and properly it can be nice, but often it used without any sense of purpose or taste.

In my opinion a good website is one that lets you navigate and obtain information quickly and easily... check out some of the following sites and try to find the board specs for 1-2 boards (one freestyle, one freeride) I think you will be able to tell the difference.

== Examples ==

(Good)

www.forumsnowboards.com

www.neversummer.com

www.elansnowboards.com

(Decent)

www.burton.com

(Has issues)

www.salomonsports.com - it's actually a little better this year, but just try and fine board specs for Definition.

www.lib-tech.com - actually a pretty well designed site, but loses points for taking forever to load

(Krass)

http://www.krass.ca

Guest sweaty_ass

well you really have some good points and i agree that navigation should be a primary factor for a web page on that note krass could use some help. I am glad you took the time to take a look and give some feedback it is appreciated and who knows it might even be put to use in the futur thanks again and have a sweet winter.:)

• 2 weeks later...

krass may be the canadian spelling for the abbreviation for "ass crap?" I agree the website needs help, and the fact that they make a 155 and 163 "Carve" board doesn't seem very alpine to me. Maybe if they surpass the 228 Donek [check out board specs, www.donek.com ] I'll be impressed, until then, riding a 155 to me seems like a fat ski blade.