Note to New Members ×

End of Season Get Together

swissracer

Hey Guys,

Looking to organize a little end of season get together at Summit.

Figure we could ride in the morning then head over to my house for a little post ride grilling and possible adult beverage consumption.

Looking at my schedule next month, the weekend of the 17/18th would work out best for me. With as much snow as we've had up here there should still be plenty around by then. If absolutely necessary, I may be available on the weekend of the 10/11th, but could be a little iffy.

Thinking of a pot luck kind of thing where everybody brings a little something to share.

Please chime in with any ideas.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i should be there with Julian on sunday the 18th but not saturday the 17th

i hope they are still open even if it's going to be the official last day for snow summit, it might be on soffboots thouhg, am i still invited to the party?

i'll bring guacamole and chips, some beer and rootbeer and maybe some italian sausage

Count me in for the 17/18. Can we bring other things to ride, like mtn bikes??
it might be on soffboots thouhg, am i still invited to the party?

If you can ride it, you can bring it :biggthump

bring guacamole and chips, some beer and rootbeer and maybe some italian sausage

I'll start a list soon for what people are bringing so we don't end up with too much of the same.

I have a feeling were gonna have fun and be absolutely stuffed :D

Sounds good, I'll mark my callendar. I'll bring beer, and uhhhh, something else. I haven't figured out exactly what yet.

If i bring cooked food it may go bad in the car (and if I made it, chances are it'll be bad before that... haha).

I'll bring some sort of meat, maybe like carne asada type of thing, will need to be grilled at your place.

Hey robert...shouldn't you be working?

And Luca too, stop "viewing" threads and do some work. ;)

I work nights for now, hows about you, spring break ? the link that you showed for DNB genre was pretty intense. I could'nt even do that with air drums :).

I work nights for now, hows about you, spring break ? the link that you showed for DNB genre was pretty intense. I could'nt even do that with air drums :).

I TA 4th period. (Teacher's Assistant; and excuse to do nothing and still get 5 credits a semester.)

And they were in the computer lab.

And I always check bomber in when im supposed to be "working" in the computer lab. :rolleyes:

shhh. dont tell no one, or you'll be lookin' like this feller. :flamethro

Is the road sloped by your house? ;)

Should I bring the dancer?

Yes, it has a nice slope that starts steep then flattens out.

I don't think we need a dancer, you can just that :D

Swiss. Bruce from Coda says you may have a "sideways 163" that I might be able to demo. Perhaps I could crash your party and make some turns with you all???

Yes, the more the merrier! Of course you can demo the board, you'll love it! It's actually a 166, but what's 3cm :)

FYI, the NEW best way to get up the mountain if you're coming from the West.

HWY 18, Waterman Ave, off of the 210, which turns into Rim of the World Hwy (still the 18). The end of it dumps you off right at Running Springs, and since most people aren't taking that way either, you get to take 16 turns full out too. And then when you get to outer the rim up top, that's pretty clear too.

Now THAT is a fun drive, way better than the 38 IMO. It probably only took me around 20min longer than the front side to get down the mountain, and it dumps me farther West than the 38.

As for the get together, I'll just bring the two other longboards that I have.

FYI, the NEW best way to get up the mountain if you're coming from the West.

HWY 18, Waterman Ave, off of the 210, which turns into Rim of the World Hwy (still the 18). The end of it dumps you off right at Running Springs, and since most people aren't taking that way either, you get to take 16 turns full out too. And then when you get to outer the rim up top, that's pretty clear too.

Now THAT is a fun drive, way better than the 38 IMO. It probably only took me around 20min longer than the front side to get down the mountain, and it dumps me farther West than the 38.

As for the get together, I'll just bring the two other longboards that I have.

okay, when I listed the optional routes I was only thinking of the shortest elapsed time getting to the slopes. If you wanted funnest with lack of traffic then I would've listed this route.

I like the section from Kuffel Cyn Road to Running Springs, there is an uphill right sweeper in there that the Volvo just rails through. Keep the tight line to the white stripe and the middle of the lane comes back to you when you arrive at the top. Good times.;);)

During the summer months I go this way often when I go wakeboarding at Lake Arrowhead with my buddy. I am usually heading up the hill at 6:00 am as you can start wake boarding at 7:00. At that hour in the morning Hwy 330 is empty on the way up and once you hit the section of Hwy 18 (rim of the world) you can just let it fly. I need to find out where the Chippies are for that section of Hwy. I know where they lurk on 330 and Arctic Circle (Hwy 18 between Snow Valley and Big Bear dam). Don't want to get a ticket for doing something wrong

Yeah, that drive was probably just as fun as the carve session was. The Arctic Circle was nice too, pretty open and clear on the way down, and lucky me that I left at the time I did. I saw a Civic SI pulled over by the Chippies, few minutes earlier and it could've been me.

Julian, if you're interested in some Earthwing superballs 76mm (the black ones - now discontinued) at a dirt cheap price, let me know. I'm probably going to pick up some S9 race formula wheels for my LDP board.

BTW, how's the slalom board treating you?