Note to New Members ×

Bluetomato.com

Guest OCD

I would like to recommend blue tomato.com as another source of quality carving equipment as they have been a great help to me. They are based in Austria and feature a variety of bindings and boards. Always helpful and accommodating. Shipping is extremely fast and inexpensive. Check them out. Hopefully the exchange rate will be more favorable in the future.

It's a free enterprise world, the north american suppliers don't always have everything you need in stock. It give us another source to aquire gear that might not be available in north america. You maybe didn't ask for the information, but I'm sure that there are many that find it helpful. Let others make up their own mind, sit back and enjoy that your vote on admentdment made a great "contirbution" to our nation.

So we should never talk about Catek bindings or Coiler boards on this forum because Fin dosen't sell them? Fin has always been great about keeping this an open forum, that's one of the reasons so many people come here and make purchases from him. It is open honest and if any one has questions they can get an answer that isn't bias from a business.

Guest Todd Stewart

chill man, keep in mind that not everyone that uses this site is in north america. Besides we still talk about other gear that BOL dosn't sell (like Prior, Catak, Coiler) personally i don't see any diffence.

Fancy this.... I bought my first "real" board, an F2 Speedster RS from Blue. Now it was a Demo, and at that time the exchange rate was favorable.... but if I hadn't bought that board... i probably would have went back to freestyle... as my carving gear... an asym 160ish FP with little camber/edges... just wasn't letting me progress...

what am i getting at... well if it wasn't for that sites demo line/and outstanding service... i probably wouldn't have ever bought my TD1's (and yes Fin.. I promise to buy TD2's next season)

.... so here is my endorsment for Blue Tomato.. they have very knowledgable staff (ask for Alex) and a good selection of carving gear...

Guest Randy S.

FYI everyone,

It is Blue Tomato dot AT, not dot com and there's a hyphen in it.

Either click on the link above, or this one: www.blue-tomato.at

Keep in mind when you order from them that you may have to pay some duty on the items, along with shipping and whatever the exchange rate is. I bought my Dainese slalom jacket from them because I couldn't get it anywhere in the US. I also bought some F2 bindings from them a few years ago. However, since then I've seen the light and switched to TD's all around.

Free enterprise rules! Fin rules for sponsoring this forum with only nominal censorship (don't post naughty words).

Randy

Originally posted by Randy S.

FYI everyone,

It is Blue Tomato dot AT, not dot com and there's a hyphen in it.

Either click on the link above, or this one: www.blue-tomato.at

Keep in mind when you order from them that you may have to pay some duty on the items, along with shipping and whatever the exchange rate is. I bought my Dainese slalom jacket from them because I couldn't get it anywhere in the US. I also bought some F2 bindings from them a few years ago. However, since then I've seen the light and switched to TD's all around.

Free enterprise rules! Fin rules for sponsoring this forum with only nominal censorship (don't post naughty words).

Randy

Bluetomato does something about taxes if you order from them if you are not a member of the EU, here are their nonEUpriceterms, just email them:

Minus 16% VAT / Sales Taxes

On Exports outside the EU we do not charge VAT(sales taxes). So you save 16% from the price you see in the Online Shop.

Greets, Hans.

I have to agree that it's somewhat disrespectful to promote other businesses on BOL that sell the same merchandise as Bomber. Not saying it should be against the rules, but starting a post just to promote a business that is in competition with the business that is providing us this web space is just plain poor taste.

If another supplier, such as blue tomato, has the same products as BOL for cheaper prices....I'll spend the extra cash with Fin & company.

Support the businesses that support the sport. Support the businesses that support the sport in the USA.

Just my $.02

I didn't intend to offend anyone or appear to be disrespectful. I look at bomberonline as the voice for the sport and big enough to handle a recommendation. There are very few options in this market and thought it would be helpful to others who may be struggling to find equipment.

I think OCD's post should be kept in context - just another avenue to obtain gear. He had a good experience and he's sharing the news - some people knew about Blue Tomato and some didn't. As far as I'm concerned, every resource counts. Take a look at all the suppliers on the BOL "Links" page! Bomber will always have a strong following, not only for an amazing product, but their service and overall contribution to the sport of alpine snowboarding.

Guest AlpentalRider

keep the posts coming concerning any resource you can find to help hardbooters out. There are way too few of them as it is...

and for those hypocrits who complain about this post, but haven't said a word about the Catek, Coiler, Madd, etc posts, grow up...

Guest boogieman

i dont think you can compare talking about equipment that bomber doesnt sell and promoting a direct competitor of bomber here on his site !

I personally think thats rude.

Fin has a link to Catek on his site.... that is direct competition.... :D

YYZcanuk sells some of the same products that Bomber does (yes I know Dave sells TD's) and there is a link as well

Fin knows that his products and service are what sets him apart...

relax folks.... remember this is an <b>open forum</b>.... to promote the <b>sport</b>....

ok.. I'm done.. :)

Guest Randy S.

Here are the two Dainese protective pieces I have:

Slalom Jacket: Shield 6:

knitvknivd

The Slalom is great for protection against both gates and people/crashes. The Shield 6 is basic protection for your back and works well. The jacket is mesh, but definitely adds some warmth. I like it better than their multi-sport jackets because this one offers semi-rigid protection all the way up the arm. The others have a gap just above your elbow. Both units have a very nice lower-back support. Its kind of like an elastic weight belt. It is low-profile but gives some low-back support which is great for those of us who eat too many Krispy-Kremes.

I bought the Slalom Jacket from blue-tomato and the shield-6 from a motorcycle supply place in Texas (don't recall the name - but I think if you search here for Dainese, you may find a link).

FYI, in my above post I was talking about import duty, not VAT. Yes, they waive the VAT, but I've gotten a bill from DHL for Import Duties.

Guest boogieman

i got a bill from dhl for import taxes on my upz boots i bought from dan yoya gues howmuch ........ 49% weeeeeeeeee mega rip off howmuch do you guys have to pay on stuff that comes from europe ?

49% weeeeeeeeee mega rip off

You live in europe (as I lived till a few years ago). you are supposed to get ripped off by taxes. I usually try to find a buddy who travels and have them bring my stuff that I order abroad as their personal baggage. 49% on an item close to 500$ is almost half your ticket to go and get it yourself.

Guest boogieman

thats what im doing now im going to the sun peaks camp and ill have my coilers deliverd there i can pay my plane tiket with the taxes i save.

I just hope that they dont get me at the border for smugling when i come back, ill have to pass it twice, once in frankfort and once in brussels